whats withh all those GCHQS?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by nodigitsever, Jul 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. we went on holiday to Cornwall last year, we passed a sign for GCHQ Cornwall

we go on Holiday to Scarborough this year we pass a sign for GCHQ Scarborough

WTF is going on?

big brother or what?

anyone know?

and just in case BB is watching this............

SEMTEX! lol
  2. Perhaps if you explain to me what the f.uck a GCHQ I may be able to offer a truly contributory post to this thread>
  3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

If you have to ask..........

Great a lot of Comms centres all over the place - so what, they have always been there. Big Brother in UK? - only for the last 12 years.

4. LOL nice one
  5. infidels, allah, jews, kaffirs, bin laden, zawahiri, etc etc
  6. *edit*

Never mind, failed to notice the oxygen theif tag :oops:
  7. If you need to ask the question you don't need to know the answer
  8. Shhhh! They can hear us you know!
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Its an abbreviation of General Conclave of Horrible Queens and Creepy Four Eyed Gits With The Odd Fit Bird Thrown In. It was shortened to GCHQ in 1952 for brevity in comms.

Oh look. Two black helicopters right outside my window. You dont see that every day.
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think it's because of the breakup of the union. GCHQ was such a good idea and so successful (see tube bombings) that everyone in the 'regions' wants their own.
  11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I do.
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If we're being half way serious here I'd say its part of a wider plan to comfort the nation?

Every city has always had a telecommed up building with a floor where they dont sort Grannys phone bill. MI5 had dropped the time honoured practice of recruiting over a nice cup o tea at Oxbridge and gone for a hippy website. Dame Stella Dench-Rimington has written her memoirs and MI6 is recruiting people who fancy a sun tan at www.mi6.co.uk

So people pass a building in the countryside and it says GCHQ and we all feel a little safer.

I hear they're launching a range of branded leisure wear come the autumn.
  13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

There is already a best selling magazine, the tilte artfully shortend to GQ and it purports to be full of grooming advice ( not the sort of grooming that biped does! That is illegal!) And fashion tips, but when you read between the lines - best achieved by soaking the paper in bull urine and rying over a fire made from aborted foetuses - then the true meaning becomes clear!
  14. Everyone knows it's the Government for Cornwall Headquarters. Don't know why there was one in Scarborough though. Are you sure that you weren't holding the map upside down?

I despair with some people, I really do.