What's Up At KFC?

If I want cooked chicken I go into Asda, Morrisons or reluctantly Tesco . Generally pretty good and a lot cheaper than KFC.
But they don't have the same colonels secret recipe.

KFC might be a bit pricey, but it's a nice to have once in a while.

Sometimes the buckets can be useful as witnessed by a certain INT Corps lance jack who had to use the empty bucket in the back of a land rover once whilst suffering with the two bob bits.

If I want cooked chicken I go into Asda, Morrisons or reluctantly Tesco . Generally pretty good and a lot cheaper than KFC.
If I want cooked chicken I just tell the wife to get back in the kitchen and sort it.

Edit - she's making me say I made that up.
She's right. I can't tell her anything.

Last edited:
Many moons ago (early 80s IIRC) the first KFC opened in Liverpool. My brother insisted that I stop off at one so that he could get some. He came back to the car with some gresy plastic chicken that (to me) tasted disgusting. I have never eaten KFC since.

MaccyD's do decent coffee and I will stop off at one occasionally for a brew and a muffin, I will even admit to having has possibly as many as 4 burgers at MaccyD's in 20 years when pushed for anything else to eat.

Other than that, I prefer food.

Have any of the KFC customers not heard of fresh fruit?
It's is very fashionable in some parts of Kensington & Chelsea.
Remember, in Scotland* the forbidden fruit is fruit..

*other stereotypes can be substituted.

Many moons ago (early 80s IIRC) the first KFC opened in Liverpool. My brother insisted that I stop off at one so that he could get some. He came back to the car with some gresy plastic chicken that (to me) tasted disgusting. I have never eaten KFC since.

MaccyD's do decent coffee and I will stop off at one occasionally for a brew and a muffin, I will even admit to having has possibly as many as 4 burgers at MaccyD's in 20 years when pushed for anything else to eat.

Other than that, I prefer food.
My claim to fame...... I have never had a McD

What?
Never ever?
Are you normal, have a good BMI and go to church twice on Sundays?

The OED definition of 'restaurant' is:

A place where people pay to sit and eat meals that are cooked and served on the premises.​
No mention of KFC megabuckets or other crap food there at all. Strange eh?
FOC

I tried it once. Didn't like it. Tottenham Court Road circa 1980. 2 am and the pictures looked delicious. The food however looked nothing like the pictures and tasted vile.

Have never been in one since. Offspring used to get aunts and mates to take him when he was growing up because I refused.

For burgers you can do worse than mcdonalds. I make my own but when out working from time to time I will grab one from there.

I'm saying nothing... I used take my kids in to eat at the Little Chef.... nothing quite like a burger with a hint of Derv because It's been cooked so close to a motorway or A Road...

This has given me a proper smile. I work in logistics and used to work for 2Sisters which provides the vast majority of the chicken for KFC. Google 2Sisters to see how they approach food safety!

I previously was involved in re-locating 2 sites into a brand new 1 RDC over the course of a single weekend with no disruption to the delivery network. It wasn't easy but it's achievable.

The problem with DHL is ownership..... as there isn't any. This cock up will be the fault of a Traffic Clerk and a single East European agency driver.

PS I have never, ever eaten at KFC so don't blame me for this!
Ye Gods! Why do people still eat processed chicken???

It does not alter the fact that as a country, you are going down the tube.
Well some did mention in passing that there was a better than average chance it was all going to head that way.

Apparently they were all wrong, according to our intellectual betters who had never set foot there.

I'm saying nothing... I used take my kids in to eat at the Little Chef.... nothing quite like a burger with a hint of Derv because It's been cooked so close to a motorway or A Road...
You've stopped off at Sutton Scotney services then?

We did once, and once only on the way back from Portsmouth having been to France. when I say once, I mean once and never again.

Probably the worst culinary experience I've ever had on a motorway (and I do 25,000 miles per year). I reckon their food hygeine rating must have been about minus 2.

I actually felt sorry for the Polish young lady attempting to manage some of the worst staff I've ever seen standing upright.

You've stopped off at Sutton Scotney services then?

We did once, and once only on the way back from Portsmouth having been to France. when I say once, I mean once and never again.

Probably the worst culinary experience I've ever had on a motorway (and I do 25,000 miles per year). I reckon their food hygeine rating must have been about minus 2.
I actually felt sorry for the Polish young lady attempting to manage some of the worst staff I've ever seen standing upright.
Little Chef is clinging on in a few outlets, but deserves to go to the wall, despite the (lukewarm) attempts of Heston Blumentahl to give it a revamp a few years back.
The days of the fabled Olympic Breakfast are sadly long gone. If Little Chef had suffered a delivery failure, I don’t think many would have noticed and even fewer cared.

Nowt wrong with KFC, if the franchise is good, 3 round here, 2 good, the other average, we dont use the average one.

Used to work for Moy park (and Cranberry, who do the turkey version), used to pick up birds for slaughter, and sometimes deliver the chilled/frozen product. It was a 24/7 362 ish days a year process, so plenty of work. I used to try and work out how many birds a day the company was shifting, but my bit of paper was not big enough

Used to be a high qual... well a burger van operating in a lay by the A1 that was frequented by haulage operators and supposed to be excellent.

Think that might have had something to do with the whole area being saturated with decades worth of derv and hypoid so they felt right at home.

Clearly you're not a divorced dad then?
Can't speak for @wheel, but I'm a married dad and No.1 son used to play junior football which could be 1.5 hours drive from home.

Think 1030 kick off, 1215 finish on a Sunday morning and car with 2 dads plus 2 - 3 starving kids who had breakfast at 0800. Then try to find somewhere that will accept muddy kids in football kit / trackie bottoms at 1230 [as i say, on a Sunday].