What's Up At KFC?

Ideal for vote buying!

Gauteng Community Safety MEC, Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane, has defended her decision to spend more than R60,000 of taxpayers’ money treating prisoners to a KFC meal, after pictures of her handing out the food went viral on social media, according to a report by The Star.

Despite many commenters pointing that ordinary, innocent South Africans could not afford the luxury of fast food, Nkosi-Malobane said that the decision was made due to cost factors and to remind prisoners of the benefits of the outside world.

“Instead of getting a caterer who was going to charge us, say, between R100 and R200 per head, we decided to get Streetwise Two instead, which is less than R50 per head,” she said

MEC spent R60,000 on KFC for prisoners to show them what they’re missing: report
Black people eating KFC?

This has given me a proper smile. I work in logistics and used to work for 2Sisters which provides the vast majority of the chicken for KFC. Google 2Sisters to see how they approach food safety!

I previously was involved in re-locating 2 sites into a brand new 1 RDC over the course of a single weekend with no disruption to the delivery network. It wasn't easy but it's achievable.

The problem with DHL is ownership..... as there isn't any. This cock up will be the fault of a Traffic Clerk and a single East European agency driver.

PS I have never, ever eaten at KFC so don't blame me for this!
I've done some training for a 2 sisters site, software not food safety though.
The beef place down in cornwall. It gave the appearance (from the outside) of being done properly. Mind you we didn't go into any of the processing halls.

The Guardian has a headline story today claiming that the KFC shortage is a result of Brexit.
The Mail are going to ask what it's done to house prices

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I've had KFC in Manchester and it was gopping. All grease and no chicken. I've also had KFC in Aldershot and it was the food of the angels. Chicken burger with a black cherry shake...that was a long time ago. If I end up on Death Row, that's going to be my last meal.

Some franchises are better at it than others, I guess.

Absolutely.
Despite the new chap in charge, who promises to be a new broom, it'll take years to clean out and investigate the past 20+ years of incompetency and looting.
There are - again - promises of better days ahead, and new investments, but investors have heard that all before and have had their fingers burnt.
Then in 20 years he will have rinsed as much money as he can from the taxpayer and the cycle will repeat itself. It is Africa and they cannot stop themselves.

This has given me a proper smile. I work in logistics and used to work for 2Sisters which provides the vast majority of the chicken for KFC. Google 2Sisters to see how they approach food safety!

I previously was involved in re-locating 2 sites into a brand new 1 RDC over the course of a single weekend with no disruption to the delivery network. It wasn't easy but it's achievable.

The problem with DHL is ownership..... as there isn't any. This cock up will be the fault of a Traffic Clerk and a single East European agency driver.

PS I have never, ever eaten at KFC so don't blame me for this!

But....it's all wonderful!

DHL | Press Release | English

No doubt trebles all round. And then people ask: How can this possibly be?

(Hint : It's DHL. What did you expect to happen?)

Cynics might also note:

Key areas of focus will be reducing logistics-related emissions to net zero over the life of the contract,

The problem with this thread is that:

a) People are confusing KFC as food worthy of commenting on.
b) I am surprised people really do give a toss.

The problem with this thread is that:

a) People are confusing KFC as food worthy of commenting on.
b) I am surprised people really do give a toss.
Ah only as Schadenfreude.

Mrs B once worked with guy who found a perfectly coated and beautifully cooked Kentucky Fried rodent in the mega bucket.

So impressed was he that the offending item was presented in all its glory to some (obviously gleeful) Environmental Health types.

Who then lost interest because the problem did not originate on their patch and their inspection disappointed because the outlet concerned was amazingly clean being run by a West Indian matriarch who operated via a very clear reign of terror.

Don't be so judgemental.

KFC is perfectly suitable for people who like to eat out of a bucket.
Pigs eat out of a bucket and some trendy "on trend" restaurants, personally I prefer a plate.

But....it's all wonderful!

DHL | Press Release | English

No doubt trebles all round. And then people ask: How can this possibly be?

(Hint : It's DHL. What did you expect to happen?)

Cynics might also note:

Key areas of focus will be reducing logistics-related emissions to net zero over the life of the contract,
What a load of shite. It's putting the right product on the right wagon and delivering it to the right location at the right time. Not exactly rocket science is it?

No doubt all the cancelled deliveries are being spun as a massive step towards achieving a zero emission target.

Have any of the KFC customers not heard of fresh fruit?
It's is very fashionable in some parts of Kensington & Chelsea.