What's Up At KFC?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Anybody noticed McDonalds trucks on the motorway? "All our fresh beef sourced in UK".

KFC do not breed six legged chickens with no beaks.

Nandos is proper South African food. From South Africa.

Domino Pizza is proper Italian Pizza like they make in Naples.

Those energy bars you find in garages? Scarf them up. They will give you energy and not make you fat.

Greggs. Lovely pies, pasties, savouries and an interesting selection of cakes, cakes and, er, more cakes.

Get fat and die, stupid people. The NHS has enough problems.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I have very rarely eaten such shite but having a night at a hotel at some M25 services as I’d an interview the next morning my food choices were limited.
Now if I can cook chicken better than a world renowned chain then they’re in the shit, really they are.
If people genuinely enjoy soggy, flavourless, cold, finger, chucking chicken then they are idiots.
Has America ever made any decent fast food?

I have very rarely eaten such shite but having a night at a hotel at some M25 services as I’d an interview the next morning my food choices were limited.
Now if I can cook chicken better than a world renowned chain then they’re in the shit, really they are.
If people genuinely enjoy soggy, flavourless, cold, finger, chucking chicken then they are idiots.
Has America ever made any decent fast food?
Not trying to be funny or a dic, but kfc in Kentucky is actually pretty decent, nice buffet at some locations. Stuff in Canada is shite as well, was surprised when I had it in Kentucky, figured it be just as stomach turning, but wasn’t bad at all.

It's like any fast food place. If you get the food at the right time (freshly cooked) by a food preparer that is reasonably trained and skilled, it can be ok.

Only C3PO can calculate the odds on it though

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Not trying to be funny or a dic, but kfc in Kentucky is actually pretty decent, nice buffet at some locations. Stuff in Canada is shite as well, was surprised when I had it in Kentucky, figured it be just as stomach turning, but wasn’t bad at all.
Well I’ve never been so I can’t imagine I’d go on the off chance it was better. If I did go I expect I’d find other things to eat. I only ate it as there was nothing else.

Well I’ve never been so I can’t imagine I’d go on the off chance it was better. If I did go I expect I’d find other things to eat. I only ate it as there was nothing else.
I get that, but the overall quality of fast food in the US is not very appetizing. I made the mistake of going to White Castle because the offspring wanted to go after the Harold and Kumar film came out, I was praying for a quick death after an hour of eating there, it was revolting....

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I get that, but the overall quality of fast food in the US is not very appetizing. I made the mistake of going to White Castle because the offspring wanted to go after the Harold and Kumar film came out, I was praying for a quick death after an hour of eating there, it was revolting....
If all they do is chicken then surely to ******* Christ they can cook a chicken breast in breadcrumbs with mayonnaise and a bit of scabby lettuce better than I can. Billion dollar company can’t make chicken better than someone with a home economics O level? People buy that shite though. What do their mothers cook if they pay for grey, slimy, chicken slop?

It's an increasingly common problem across the entire service industry, not just catering. Remember when Ryanair had to cancel loads of flights a while ago? That's because all their pilots left to go to a better life at Norwegian Air. Similarly, KFC's chickens have voted with their feet, err talons, err claws to go to a better place.

Let's face it, they'll never get lemon and herb dressing at KFC, will they?
I always enjoy the little packets of lemon rub at KFC it makes the chicken taste of fragrant lemony goodness

I am outraged.
On my last visit to my local chicken emporium, imagine my delight and surprise when upon scanning my loyalty card I was reliably informed by the nice gentleman from the subcontinent behind the counter, that on my next visit I would be eligible to claim my reward of two free sides, or five pounds off.
As you can imagine, having gone out of my way.
Indeed, making a special journey last Friday, I was apoplectic with rage to find the establishment closed.
The proprietor of the aformentioned outlet had not even the common decency to leave, any correspondence/even a note on the door to offer an explanation.
It had taken me over two years to accrue enough points to be eligible for such a generous reward.
To say that I am disappointed would be a monumental understatement.
You would have been doubly disappointed if you had then visited the Cheese Emporium next door, Basil.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
It seems that chicken doesn`t travel well.

It's a union walk out.

The chickens all walked out and crossed the road in protest, minimum wage as been mentioned. The staff weren't allowed to chase them as they are all minors and the lollipop persons were all out in support of the chickens. Elf n safety.
Why did the pervert cross the road?

Cos he had his c*ck stuck up the chickens ass.
Boom Boom.

This has given me a proper smile. I work in logistics and used to work for 2Sisters which provides the vast majority of the chicken for KFC. Google 2Sisters to see how they approach food safety!

I previously was involved in re-locating 2 sites into a brand new NDC over the course of a single weekend with no disruption to the delivery network. It wasn't easy but it's achievable.

The problem with DHL is ownership..... as there isn't any. This cock up will be the fault of a Traffic Clerk and a single East European agency driver.

PS I have never, ever eaten at KFC so don't blame me for this!

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If all they do is chicken then surely to ******* Christ they can cook a chicken breast in breadcrumbs with mayonnaise and a bit of scabby lettuce better than I can. Billion dollar company can’t make chicken better than someone with a home economics O level? People buy that shite though. What do their mothers cook if they pay for grey, slimy, chicken slop?
Breadcrumbs? Where did you get that from, it's dredged in a mix of flour and 13, yes 13, different herbs and spices (allegedly) before being fried.