What's Up At KFC?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
"DHL is also committed to setting a new industry benchmark by delivering outstanding service to all KFC’s restaurants and its consumers."

If only there was an Emperor called, oh I dunno, say Mong around the place?
What sort of twat says or writes things like "a new industry benchmark"?

"DHL is also committed to setting a new industry benchmark by delivering outstanding service to all KFC’s restaurants and its consumers."

If only there was an Emperor called, oh I dunno, say Mong around the place?
It's an old story and I deal with it all the time. People make promises I have to keep and then throw a tantrum when I say no.
I am extremely fortunate that I have directors who understand and accept that when I say no it means no. Its a luxury many transport managers don't get from their employers.
Unfortunately logistics is an industry full of people who think they know what they are doing.

One of the things I find most useful in my job is to actually get in a lorry a couple of times a month and do some deliveries. Our directors really don't like me doing it because I'm away from my desk but it helps keep what we are doing grounded in reality.

What that actually means is that if I say it can be done, I have actually physically done it myself and proven it. You would be astonished how many transport managers and logistics experts can't drive a lorry or even a van
They pay lip service to the legal compliance side of the game and think breaking the law saves money.

What sort of twat says or writes things like "a new industry benchmark"?
Soundbites. I actually had a chief executive who told me we were going to lease vehicles from a particular company because everybody else does it, therefor it must be right.
We would have ended up paying £62,000 in lease cost for a van that cost £46,000 to buy doing the job of a van I have just specified and priced at £34,000 purchase and maintain over the same lifespan.

He's gone now. He was a ******* ********.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff!

• DHL will ‘re-write the rule book’ and set a new benchmark for delivering fresh products to KFC in a sustainable way
In a groundbreaking move, KFC has appointed DHL and QSL to manage the supply and distribution of food products, packaging and consumables for over 850 restaurants throughout the UK, as part of its ambition to revolutionize the UK foodservice distribution market.

They've certainlyimproved the waistline and colesterol levels of a proportion of the UK porky community!

Edited to add that I bet the franchisees are absolutely over the moon with joy, as are the people working for them on zero hours contracts, students doing part time jobs and the others earning pittance minimum wage.

"We intend to re-write the rule book and create a stock management, distribution and reverse logistics model based on best practice from a range of sectors..."

Very nice dear. WTF is a "reverse logistics model" in this context?

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
Excellent stuff!

• DHL will ‘re-write the rule book’ and set a new benchmark for delivering fresh products to KFC in a sustainable way
In a groundbreaking move, KFC has appointed DHL and QSL to manage the supply and distribution of food products, packaging and consumables for over 850 restaurants throughout the UK, as part of its ambition to revolutionize the UK foodservice distribution market.

They've certainlyimproved the waistline and colesterol levels of a proportion of the UK porky community!

Edited to add that I bet the franchisees are absolutely over the moon with joy, as are the people working for them on zero hours contracts, students doing part time jobs and the others earning pittance minimum wage.
You heartless bastard, spare a thought for the poor starving creatures of Brixton and Stoke Newington. You no doubt have racist tendancies.

"We intend to re-write the rule book and create a stock management, distribution and reverse logistics model based on best practice from a range of sectors..."

Very nice dear. WTF is a "reverse logistics model" in this context?
They are going to drive all their trucks backwards. That's why they are way behind with deliveries, they are still backing out of the yard....

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes, I'm glad we don't have any moderators who start threads complaining about Chinese blocking paths and shouting in their "heathen fucking jibber jabber" eh?
Chinese a race now is it?

They still owned by Mitchells & Butlers?
They are indeed.

The only downside to eating here is the chips are served in a small metal bucket and the steaks on a warm slate (with a wooden holder) however the staff know me, they know that I won't sit with my back to the door etc.

The new menu is good too, more choices and the chicken with coconut and lime was excellent this evening.