What's Up At KFC?

I can’t believe the BBC has included this on the 6 o’ clock News. Interviewing weepy rugrats who are ‘hungry and angry’ and mothers who are saying its a disgrace as most of the outlets in Bristol are shut down.
The obvious question was never posed - why don’t you take them home and cook them a meal yourselves!
Armageddon doesn’t begin to describe the situation. :roll:
Exactly, ******** reporter gawping through the window at the scene of the tragedy, while flabby mouthed lazy bitches moan about the unfairness of the wasted journey, and poor little n’kozitoko sobs uncontrollably
It’s a national disgrace

No, not yet. However BK don't deliver their own food either. KFC and BK's logistics chain work in much the same way, if it can happen to KFC it can just as easily happen to Burger King
Bidvest handle their logistics in much the same way they did handle KFC's up until recently

There is no reason why BK logistics are any more secure than KFC's.

Parmer & Harvey went to the wall not so long ago and left thousands of customers without supply. It's happened before and it will happen again
I thought I read that KFC had contracted with DHL for their new delivery service? If so, I am not at all surprised. They are atrocious.

I do enjoy the snobbery around Mcdonalds. Like I said earlier, I make my own burgers with cuts of meat from my local butcher but I have no issues with a burger from them from time to time.
There is indeed more than a whiff of that in the thread.

However, I think it is more a case that the members do not regard it as well priced nutritious food. Certainly the average Big Mac looks as if all the nutrition has been squeezed out of it and it was assembled by a blind gibbon.

To sum up the situation - KFC, couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Never had KFC and after reading some of the posts above, I very much doubt if I ever will.

I'm in son of steak, Nottingham. There is no shortage of chicken or cow parts. I am doing my best to reduce the meat stock, but to no avail.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I recall KFC failing in Hong Kong in the 70s.
They were using fresh Chicken but it came from mainland China where the chickens were being fed on fishmeal.
Those fussy Hong Kongese were not keen on Piscine Poultry

To sum up the situation - KFC, couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Never had KFC and after reading some of the posts above, I very much doubt if I ever will.
That might well be the case. However, it seems that the greater fault lies with the new supply delivery contractor; DHL. Probably just another case of a contractor talking a good job, but being unable to deliver (in every sense of the word).

I imagine that Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Runne will be rubbing their hands together in greedy expectation.

Edited to add: I would advise the KFC managers to check with their neighbours, as that is with whom DHL generally leave deliveries.

Last edited:
I have to say that there are certain "gourmet" burgers that are ridiculously overpriced carp. One of the worst of the allegedly "posh" chains is Byron. When I went to Edinburgh, they were queueing round the block to get in so I didn't bother. When I did get the opportunity to try one (in Newcastle) I wished I'd not bothered.

I'm not a food snob, but I prefer to eat quality if and when available. There is a time and a place for McD, although not KFC for me as I don't like the stuff.

I have to say that there are certain "gourmet" burgers that are ridiculously overpriced carp. One of the worst of the allegedly "posh" chains is Byron. When I went to Edinburgh, they were queueing round the block to get in so I didn't bother. When I did get the opportunity to try one (in Newcastle) I wished I'd not bothered.

I'm not a food snob, but I prefer to eat quality if and when available. There is a time and a place for McD, although not KFC for me as I don't like the stuff.
My time and place for one is usually when it is freezing outside and I have been in a jointbox jointing cables for hours.

Last edited:
However, it seems that the greater fault lies with the new supply delivery contractor; DHL. Probably just another case of a contractor talking a good job, but being unable to deliver (in every sense of the word).
In a previous life I chucked DHL after they twice delivered my time critical shipment to Belgium instead of Germany. The second shipment had Germany/Deutschland written in 4" high block capitals on all 6 sides of the box.

I thought I read that KFC had contracted with DHL for their new delivery service? If so, I am not at all surprised. They are atrocious.

I work in refrigerated distribution, it is incredibly time sensitive

We deliver to around 1600 customers a week, 85% of everything we produce is delivered to the customer within 12 hours of production finishing. Nationwide. Funnily enough including some DHL sites.

I am acutely aware of what it takes to hit delivery windows etc, I am also highly aware of what the big operators do to achieve those targets. On average 99.5% of my deliveries are on time.
Apparently highly reputable players in the industry routinely break the law on temperature control and vehicle weight limits.

Its a common mistake to think that a company that can do logistics can do temperature controlled logistics. They are very different things.
DHL placed all their faith in QSL software to make it all work. It didn't.....

That might well be the case. However, it seems that the greater fault lies with the new supply delivery contractor; DHL. Probably just another case of a contractor talking a good job, but being unable to deliver (in every sense of the word).

I imagine that Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Runne will be rubbing their hands together in greedy expectation.

Edited to add: I would advise the KFC managers to check with their neighbours, as that is with whom DHL generally leave deliveries.
I’m not so sure there. Given this has rumbled on for a few days now, covering so many locations, I find it hard to believe that it’s as simple as a delivery problem.

Given the scale, my suspicion would be that it’s a contractual thing - and given the comments early in the thread about having to handball entire deliveries off trucks and into stores I reckon it might be about that.

In a previous life I chucked DHL after they twice delivered my time critical shipment to Belgium instead of Germany. The second shipment had Germany/Deutschland written in 4" high block capitals on all 6 sides of the box.
Same here. International shipments of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of telecom gear from UK to US. Millions of dollars in a few cases. They could never ever get the paperwork right, and the gear would sit in a bonded warehouse at the airport until they fixed it. Meanwhile the customer is waiting for his gear, we can't bill because it's not been delivered and DHL are faffing about. In one case we got the customer (a US Govt entity) to get onto the Customs people and get them to open a can of whoop-ass on DHL. Gear delivered next afternoon :)

Contrast with Fedex. Next day delivery from UK to US and vice-versa, no problems at all.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
My time and place for one is usually when it is freezing outside and I have been in a jointbox jointing cables for hours.
Mine is when I have spent 2 hours on shite roads and it is the first thing that is not Mrs Miggins Olde Tea Shoppe. In and out in 20 mins. Costs under a fiver and I can be pretty sure I will not get Salmonella. Sorted.

I’m not so sure there. Given this has rumbled on for a few days now, covering so many locations, I find it hard to believe that it’s as simple as a delivery problem.

Given the scale, my suspicion would be that it’s a contractual thing - and given the comments early in the thread about having to handball entire deliveries off trucks and into stores I reckon it might be about that.
It isn't uncommon. KFC made several mistakes, DHL several more.
Unless a delivery is going on to a warehouse dock then handballing is fairly normal, even for large deliveries. Cages and pump trucked pallets are normal but most sites cannot accomadate pallet deliveries

First error is that here should have been a stock build up before the change to cover the probability of this happening. It was predictable.
When we introduce new high profile customers (and nothing remotely on this scale) we do delivery trials without the customers knowledge. We do production trials, we co-ordinate production and packing times to allow dispatch at the appropriate time.

We also price the work on what it is actually going to cost, not what route planning software thinks is possible. We resource according to need and cost according to the resources required.

What the big players do is price to a formula and then stretch the resources to fit the price.
Thats why at least one of the major players cannot meet legal temperature requirements and at least two others plan to deliver late and out of temp spec.
It might also explain why at least one of the major supermarkets has had repeated issues of meat going off before its sell by date.