Whats this?

No obvious connection between the units represented, unless its a divisional group. Could be tracking someone's service career as they moved from unit to unit - perhaps a doctor or other attached person?

Hm, maybe, I dont even know where its from so I cant really comment on whos it is or anything. Am I right in saying that some of these are guards cap badges?

A_M

Welsh, Coldstream and Scots Guards across the top, RRF, LI and Pay Corps (?) across the middle and the bottom 3 chevron of Cheshires, King's and Devon & Dorsets.

If you could do a better lit pic, with a macro setting on your camera, it may be easier to tell. The Welsh Guards badge is not the cap/beret badge though (which is a plain leek); it looks like the Pagri badge worn on the old pith helmet.

Petriburg said:
Welsh, Coldstream and Scots Guards across the top, RRF, LI and Pay Corps (?) across the middle and the bottom 3 chevron of Cheshires, King's and Devon & Dorsets.

If you could do a better lit pic, with a macro setting on your camera, it may be easier to tell. The Welsh Guards badge is not the cap/beret badge though (which is a plain leek); it looks like the Pagri badge worn on the old pith helmet.
The Pay Corps one looks more like the Life Guards to me!

mgmidget said:
I'd be suprised if the badge on the right is Pay Corps seeing all the others are infantry.
Agreed, which is why I put a question mark after it!

I've just looked at my John Gaylor book and it's not in there at all. It's not a collar dog either... However, it does look familiar...

Incidentally, the second and better photo does clear up something. They're not pukkah badges. They were a freebie-type "collectors set" that came out many years ago. They're a lot smaller than the real badge and thicker too, it's clear on one or two, such as the Guards' badges.

They were meant to be pressed into a card album, with a potted history of the Regiment/Corps.

Far right is the Life Guards "Cypher" badge, Top left is the Welsh guards "Belted" or "Signet" badge

ugly

LE
The LI one is full of sprue so its obviously a restrike and a poor one at that!

Petriburg
"They're not pukkah badges. They were a freebie-type "collectors set" that came out many years ago. They're a lot smaller than the real badge and thicker too, it's clear on one or two, such as the Guards' badges."

Texaco did a series of plastic badges of UK units back in 73.
I was on REME recruiting team that year and we attended the Brit GP at Silverstone.
Wearing best No2s we had free run and I remember going into the large Texaco marquee, we where 'Summoned' by the Main Man, a Texan I assume, who greeted us with 'These are our soldier, look after them'.
My mate and I then spent a pleasant half hour, Booze in hand, chatting up a couple of very good looking, Models, Show girls or whatever.
john
We weren't the only ones on Duty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Intelligence Cell 11
E Jobs (Discussion) 7
Masterchef The Intelligence Cell 22