Whats this worth?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cabana, May 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was after a G10 watch and this fella has the watch pictured....the screen is pretty scratched. He is not sure what to sell it at.

It is a Pulsar 6645-99-6052627 and I gather is not the greatest of watches from what this site and others.

So should I buy it and at what price?

Attached Files:

2. These watches were to replace the CWC watches but the army have gone back to CWC now. The Pulsar was a throw away watch. That is when the battery ran out it was replaced - the watch not the battery!

I have one sat in my desk which I have just had a look at. You may be able to get the back off and replace the battery but I'm not sure. It looks like it is not designed to have the back removed. By the way my watch is also a 04 and has been dead for a few years.

If it were me then I would not buy a Pulsar. If you simpley must have an issue watch then try and get hold of a CWC.

Hope this helps.

3. I thought the CWC army watches didn't have the date on them, only the RAF ones? CWC are about £80 I think and the RAF (with date) about £100, but tend to be more if they have been issued.
  4. In that state - feck all to be honest! They are worth about £10 in good nick. That one looks like it's had a bit of moisture in it too. I'll have a look and see if I can 'find' one in better nick laying around.
  5. It takes about 5 minutes to change the battery, take it to your armourer who will have the battery for it.

I wouldnt pay more than £10 for it, they are prone to the spindles falling out.

Saying that mines been going fine for the last 8 years.
  6. They are still coming through stores in afghan.
  7. Is that because you turn it off at night so you can save battery power yer tight sod? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. That is helpful. I didn't realise that such watches were issued! I shall avoid this like the plague. Thanks very much.
  9. If you search Ebay for G10 watches and select "completed listings" you can see what sort of prices they have sold for recently. That should give you a guide.
  10. The fella selling this had quite a few from a job lot he bought....sold them at around 50 to 80 quid each!
  11. The crow's foot gives it away every time.
  12. Some mugs out there - they are about £25 new :)
  13. I paid 1043 for mine. :-D
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I looked at ebay, just couldn't find that particular model....just found better quality looking ones.
  15. I meant crappy throw away watches.