Whats this type of DPM/MTP

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Cardinal, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I work in an MOD military museum and have been setting up an Afghan display. The QM has let us have a lot of kit and a few od pieces started coming through the system from guys recently returned.

First were a number of rank slides, three shades of green, two of light brown, sand and a sort of off white/stone colour (no black). None of the colour shades are as dark as DPM nor is the pattern even similar to the new MTP.

Later some more kit came through, windproofs etc, all similar or with slight differences in colour/pattern. It looks like Muiticam (commerical version) in terms of shade's and colours but isn't

Can't name the unit they came from.

Sorry I can't provide photo's at the moment (with the crap problems BMIS system is experiencing I cannot even send an attatchment to an email!)

Any ideas what it might be, from this incomplete description?

Cardinal

2. This is estonian. Anything like what you have?

[​IMG]

3. No the shades are similar but nowhere enough colours and the pattern on the one you provided a picture of is completely different.

The ones that came into the museum are sort of MultiCam but not if you see what I mean.

They were also British'ish.

Thanks anyway
    Cardinal

4. Are they not the Hybrid DPM that PECOC was working with prior to MTP?

5. There is a Canadian company that makes a SAS type smock in American multicam:

LinkyDinky

6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

No labels in the clothing I take it?

Why can't you name the Unit?

Call the NAM if you're an MoD museum.

7. thats not Estonian Desert kit unless they have changed the camo pattern since Herrick 9.
    the romanians and bulgarians (?) use something very similar to our desert dpm (not MTP).

8. As a responsible MOD Museum you will, of course, have acquired title to these items from the donors or, if they are not donations, have details of the lender. Why not ask them?

Having said that it wouldn’t be the first time a depositor has donated items without any idea of what they are giving you.

Anne (from another MOD Museum)

9. estonians on herrick are using digicamo...

10. Thanks for the replies.

The kit came through the garrison QM with a lot of other desert kit and he didn't know who returned it.

I cannot name the unit, because I am not sure what the unit was.

The camouflage is similar to Multicam, but not the same.

The clothing did not have labels, but looked like it did have.

It might well have been some type of trial garment, but there is no way of being sure.

Thanks anyway

Cardinal

11. Seriously, if you could only get a pic or two then all us camo-geeks could get back to work....

12. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Pictures would be good.