What's this tool used for?

As you get beyond a third of the way round, you'll probably find difficulty getting any further as the lid deforms. This will also be the point at which you'll be unable to remove the spike from the centre of the lid and you'll slash your wrist on the sharp edges.

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt
Success- The can deformed a bit but it cut through the metal quite easily. As suggested it's probably designed for larger cans hence tearing a small can up. Actually quite effective and easy to use.

Enough of this I'm supposed to be working from home writing SJARs
20210125_154032.jpg

I thought you said a can of beans? Isn't that tomato soup?
It is - and it would have been interesting to see the results of trying to open the bottom of a stackable can unlike the Heinz variety.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

4(T)

LE
Success- The can deformed a bit but it cut through the metal quite easily. As suggested it's probably designed for larger cans hence tearing a small can up. Actually quite effective and easy to use.

Enough of this I'm supposed to be working from home writing SJARs
View attachment 542865

By the way, you can also use this device to open Chinese made steel multipoint locking security doors - you cut through the outer skin and expose the locking bolt pivots, which you then can easily retract.

Don't ask me how i know this, or tell anyone I told you this trade secret, tovarisch.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought this was a 'Where are they now?' thread for the still living.

Latest Threads