Whats this smock

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by novembercharlie, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody have any idea what this odd para smock might be, where from, etc.
    It has a short zip for the chest, button cuffs and a button fastened crotch strap. Grateful for any info.....

Attached Files:

2. If it has no NSN lable ,It looks like ones that were privately made and purchased in Aldershot in the 70's, a number of the shops in Aldershot were selling them. A lot of lads brought them when the Dennison Smock was phased out as the private made versions were made from a warmer, stronger material than the suplied DPM 'new' smock. The buttons on the top pockets appear to be the 1968 version that were fitted to the normal combat jacket as opposed to press studs on the issued DPM smock. I had one similar from VICTORS for 'DR ing' as the normal combat jacket allowed things to fall out of your pockets wereas the smock had the overlap section.

PS is it for sale?
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Get your bedspace squared away you idle wretch.
  4. I believe it could be the unpopular garrison dress jacket adopted by the Canadian Army in the late seventies or early eighties.
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Wrong pattern.
  6. It's one of the missing ones offerd by wildcardrgbw and I claim my £5
  7. The Indian SF wear a smock of this pattern with a half length zip and the flap fastening on the inside of the back. The current ones have hidden buttons/studs on the pockets rather than these exposed ones. As for cam patterns the Indians have so many it is hard to tell whether this is an older Indian one but I think it may well be.

The current Indian ones are quite nice quality.
  8. Do they have a concealed pocket for a hatchet?
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator