Whats this on my dash?

Hi. I bought a VW Polo a few months back and it has this... thing on the dashboard, just behind the ignition. The wotsit is about the size of a 5p piece, and has a button and a little red light on it. When I press the button, the light flashes cheerfully. And that's it. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Amusing suggestions also welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

is it just a little flashing red light to make potential thieves think that you have an alarm and imobilizer system thingy.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounds a bit flashy to me but, then again, Polo......

Krek_Brizzle said:
What is ATMOS?

Yes, my car is rather dusty. I shall go to Halfords and buy some wipes, just as soon as I can figure out wtf the thing on my dash is.
Cannot post link (as I'm on a mobile that won't), but you'll find it if you google "The Sontaran Strategy"

Sorry.

(was following Leveller's example)

Is the button just to test that the little light is working?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Does it go "Ping"?

If its the same as the one on a Mitsubishi I was driving recently, it is to reset the alarm.
There was no mention of this in the owners handbook, it was on a supplimentry bit of info about the alarm

The_Kurgen said:
If its the same as the one on a Mitsubishi I was driving recently, it is to reset the alarm.
There was no mention of this in the owners handbook, it was on a supplimentry bit of info about the alarm
Standby...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Intelligence Cell 11
E Jobs (Discussion) 7
Masterchef The Intelligence Cell 22