Whats this on my dash?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Krek_Brizzle, May 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. I bought a VW Polo a few months back and it has this... thing on the dashboard, just behind the ignition. The wotsit is about the size of a 5p piece, and has a button and a little red light on it. When I press the button, the light flashes cheerfully. And that's it. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Amusing suggestions also welcome. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. is it just a little flashing red light to make potential thieves think that you have an alarm and imobilizer system thingy.

3. I thought of that, but the car already has an alarm/immobiliser as standard, with a couple of flashy lights.

4. And the handbook says nothing about it?

5. No, it isn't on the instrument diagram, so it must have been added at some point.

6. Warp drive button?

Must admit it does look like some after-market immobiliser, maybe redundant.

7. When I say the light flashes, I mean it flashes once. If you want more flashy, you have to give more pushy.

8. ATMOS-ready?

9. Do you use head & shoulders?.As for the button fcuk knows. :wink: :)

10. What is ATMOS?

Yes, my car is rather dusty. I shall go to Halfords and buy some wipes, just as soon as I can figure out wtf the thing on my dash is.

11. Could it be a wipe holder. :lol:

12. What with the button and the flashy light, I think it is too hi-tech to be a wipe holder.

13. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Sounds a bit flashy to me but, then again, Polo......

14. Cannot post link (as I'm on a mobile that won't), but you'll find it if you google "The Sontaran Strategy"

Sorry.

(was following Leveller's example)

15. Obvious innit, it's your cloaking device.