What's this bag for?

Found an odd bag in a Surplus store a few days ago. Can anyone tell me what it is designed for? (other than 'to carry a thing')

I'd like to know what the thing is/was.

It has loads of metal grommet holes in the lid and outer, and a mesh base.

NSN 8465-99-869-3623, POUCH UDU DPM IRR

I didn't buy it. Just curious.

WOTW

Attachments

If it is at least 36 inches high x 24 inches wide its definately been designed to carry my make-up in.

So does "Pack, UDU" mean "UnDetermined Use" then?

ie A bag to carry thing in? :)

Its an underwater demolitions bag.

He should have bought it then. And immediately put it on eBay under the title "UNEDRWATER DEMOTLTION/KNFE FIGHTING BAG, SBBS MARINS SPECIAL FORCES SAS BAT TROPP, USED BY US NAVY SAILS TO KILL BIN LPODEN". Only with more spelling errors.

Would have made a kiling!

Alsacien

MIA
Found an odd bag in a Surplus store a few days ago. Can anyone tell me what it is designed for? (other than 'to carry a thing')

I'd like to know what the thing is/was.

It has loads of metal grommet holes in the lid and outer, and a mesh base.

NSN 8465-99-869-3623, POUCH UDU DPM IRR

I didn't buy it. Just curious.

WOTW
CEFO for a leprechaun

Its SBS Kit and stands for Bag Underwater Dumping Universal - waterproof bog paper is optional for hard arses

I have seen these before, the UDU stands for Umpalumpa Demolition Unit. They have served in both Iraq and previously in Northern Ireland.

Here they are on a homecomming parade where they got the freedom of the city..

It's quite a rare thing, developed originally by 'them' now also in use over the pond, it's a sacred sack, used to transport all the correct religious artefacts in a fitting manner for when one has to carry out a rather hurried burial at sea to ensure the victim, sorry departed is sent on his way with the correct amount of dignity and in line with his beliefs.
Contents would include a Koran, a compass, prayer mat, and some ballast* to ensure said body flushes away correctly.

*Examples of correct ballast would include 10kg of back bacon, 48 Cumberland sausages, 4 large black puddings or similar.

Disclaimer:
This product is designed to create a fully dignified burial and should in no way be combined with the " pissing on and lobbing from Chinook "method

He should have bought it then. And immediately put it on eBay under the title "UNEDRWATER DEMOTLTION/KNFE FIGHTING BAG, SBBS MARINS SPECIAL FORCES SAS BAT TROPP, USED BY US NAVY SAILS TO KILL BIN LPODEN". Only with more spelling errors.

Would have made a kiling!
Well...There's 2 left in the shop.

If it is for an underwater demolition unit, I am rather worried about the shoulder straps! I didn't know you did martyrdom ops. One way to contribute to SDSR I suppose.