Whats this, any plane spotters in?

Just saw this on Quora:

main-qimg-b93e8be45b77756e90fe9080cd0b987d-lq

Is that a Focke-Wulf Fw 58 in the background?

syrup

LE
That's fantastic. Imagine a few squadrons of them in WW2. A lot of confused Germans.

The Hythe and Dymchurch railway is a miniature railway
During WW2 the it armoured its trains up.

There was a claim made on one of the railway programmes that they got a ME109 during the Battle of Britain.

The villainous Hun decided to dive and attack the train and before he could shout Achtung der train ist only haf size he had misjudged his height and crashed in a nearby field.

Naturally no winged master race would ever admit to such a mistake so he stuck to his story of fighting a staffel of Spitfire's

The_British_Army_in_the_United_Kingdom_1939-45_H4731.jpg

There was a claim made on one of the railway programmes that they got a ME109 during the Battle of Britain.
Here are the Goons telling that exact story. Apparently Michael Bentine was there, as he was involved with the railway for over 60 years

Last edited:
Well, it was a kite anyway. ;)

Where's the groan button when you need it?

If my memory is working properly the airc5raft was designed by Kurt Tank.

The Hythe and Dymchurch railway is a miniature railway
During WW2 the it armoured its trains up.

The villainous Hun decided to dive and attack the train and before he could shout Achtung der train ist only haf size he had misjudged his height and crashed in a nearby field.

Naturally no winged master race would ever admit to such a mistake so he stuck to his story of fighting a staffel of Spitfire's

The_British_Army_in_the_United_Kingdom_1939-45_H4731.jpg
This is a garbled version of an incident near Ashford, where a FW 190 struck an engine and crashed.

Latest Threads