Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats this, any plane spotters in?

One for the night owls to ponder...
OR7.jpg

1614121915400.png

Chef

LE
Should it not have a turret under the nose View attachment 552078

But agreed it does look like it
Some did some didn't. In 'Forgotten Bombers' K Wixey there're photos of with and without. Also one of a Blenheim on floats. Found it:

It seemed to be a tradition or old charter to put floats on everything, sometimes just to see I think. It's a shame it stopped. Concorde taking off from the Solent would've been impressive. I'm aware of jets and water but one can dream.

TamH70

MIA
Some did some didn't. In 'Forgotten Bombers' K Wixey there're photos of with and without. Also one of a Blenheim on floats. Found it:

It seemed to be a tradition or old charter to put floats on everything, sometimes just to see I think. It's a shame it stopped. Concorde taking off from the Solent would've been impressive. I'm aware of jets and water but one can dream.

Well, the Yanks did make some fast jets that could land and take off from water. Not sure if any of them were capable of breaking the sound barrier afterwards though.

Chef

LE
Well, the Yanks did make some fast jets that could land and take off from water. Not sure if any of them were capable of breaking the sound barrier afterwards though.
I always liked the Saunders Roe one.

TamH70

MIA
I always liked the Saunders Roe one.

You would have to have plums that had their own gravity field to take off and land on the water in that or any other jet plane.

Including the Yank one, which I just found:

Kinda apt name given what happened to the test pilot...