Whats this, any plane spotters in?

Shorts Tucano T1
I didn't know De Havilland (Ahhhhhh) made the Tucano.

Well you learn something new every day :)

I think that's a Chippy.

Mind you , my Air Rec. skills have been bonk in recent times...
Especially bad wah from a Crab too. :D

I still think it's a Chippy looking at the tail , then again , is it the curvature of the lens extending the elevators?

the wingtips of the black bugger look a bit to rounded to be a Chipmunk

And it does look very similar to the Tucano's I see buzzing round E Yorks

Its a Tucano

The Gloss black paint job gives it away although looking at the tail you can see why PTP thought it was a Chipmunk....... but it isn't :D
Its a Tucano, there's another one sat outside VAS if you scroll over, nice to see the place is still cluttered with old Phantoms...
I'll vote Tucano as well.

The paint job isn't necessarily a decent clue anymore, since the BBMF's two Chippys have succumbed to the all-over black training scheme. They have a wide white band on the wings, though, and I'd guess that this would be fairly obvious in plan view.

P_K, yes - originally developed by EMBRAER, but licence built (at considerably greater cost than simply getting the Brazilians to add the UK-specific features at their factory...) by Shorts.

Can I take my anorak off now?
Well if Vandyke had included the whole view , showing all the other blimmin 2 cans lined up , I wouldn't have thought the thing was tail sitting. Though another arrser did opine that it's actually flying....
Zlin-142 , I've flown one, nice ship , considering the origins ......
geo7863 said:
anyone know what this is?
More to the point, where do they keep it buried when it's not flying? It looks like it has been pulled staight out of the rainforest on Guadalcanal.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Intelligence Cell 11
E Jobs (Discussion) 7
Masterchef The Intelligence Cell 22