WHATS THIS? ANY EVIL ROBOT SPOTTERS IN?

#1
I've tried the Aviation forum, no joy. Maybe the Brains the Size of a Planet forum can answer it. And no "It's a Gerber" replies, thank you very much -The Lord Flashy has pulled that one - within seconds of me posting.
OK, in the shower in Chez Leaky Shack in Sudan, this thing taps me a "good morning" on the foot. When I had recovered, stopped screaming and shaking, I managed to take this photo. I write this from the local psychiatric ward of a UN level 3 hostipal.
It flies, appears to have a sting, and, looking at the main armament, can probably strangle, too.
Sooo, what the fark is it?
 

Attachments

#2
Death manifested in somekind of evil insect thingamajigga?
 
#6
my missus took one look at it and said "it's a whip scorpion, a scorpion without a tail" and then went back to cooking dinner.

no idea if she's right or not, but she used to keep similar things for a job.
 
#7
dont htink it is a whip scorpion, legs are too short, and looks like its only got 4 legs.
 
#9
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
my missus took one look at it and said "it's a whip scorpion, a scorpion without a tail" and then went back to cooking dinner.

no idea if she's right or not, but she used to keep similar things for a job.
And now she has you, aaah! :p
 
#11
Bound_Apprentice said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
my missus took one look at it and said "it's a whip scorpion, a scorpion without a tail" and then went back to cooking dinner.

no idea if she's right or not, but she used to keep similar things for a job.
And now she has you, aaah! :p
Beat me to it BA, was just about to post something similar. Ah well, great minds and all that!!! :wink:
 
#13
It is a water scorpion (Genus Nepa of the Family Nepidae ) - The big brother of this guy:

Water Scorpion

Not bad considering these things used to grow over 3 feet long (Pterygotus anglicus).

They can inflict a painful bite if handled incorrectly, but it is not as dangerous as a true scorpion sting. They can fly, but they rarely do. Were you near standing water or a damp area when you saw this? This would explain the bug being in your locality.

Ish.
 
#14
ishinryu said:
It is a water scorpion (Genus Nepa of the Family Nepidae ) - The big brother of this guy:

Water Scorpion

Not bad considering these things used to grow over 3 feet long (Pterygotus anglicus).

They can inflict a painful bite if handled incorrectly, but it is not as dangerous as a true scorpion sting. They can fly, but they rarely do. Were you near standing water or a damp area when you saw this? This would explain the bug being in your locality.

Ish.
{Dons wah cloak}-

He was in the shower. Doesn't get much damper than that. :)

{Wah cloak back in the box}
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Intelligence Cell 11
E Jobs (Discussion) 7
Masterchef The Intelligence Cell 22

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads