WHATS THIS? ANY EVIL ROBOT SPOTTERS IN?

I've tried the Aviation forum, no joy. Maybe the Brains the Size of a Planet forum can answer it. And no "It's a Gerber" replies, thank you very much -The Lord Flashy has pulled that one - within seconds of me posting.
OK, in the shower in Chez Leaky Shack in Sudan, this thing taps me a "good morning" on the foot. When I had recovered, stopped screaming and shaking, I managed to take this photo. I write this from the local psychiatric ward of a UN level 3 hostipal.
It flies, appears to have a sting, and, looking at the main armament, can probably strangle, too.
Sooo, what the fark is it?

Attachments

Death manifested in somekind of evil insect thingamajigga?

my missus took one look at it and said "it's a whip scorpion, a scorpion without a tail" and then went back to cooking dinner.

no idea if she's right or not, but she used to keep similar things for a job.

dont htink it is a whip scorpion, legs are too short, and looks like its only got 4 legs.

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
my missus took one look at it and said "it's a whip scorpion, a scorpion without a tail" and then went back to cooking dinner.

And now she has you, aaah! :p

Bound_Apprentice said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:

And now she has you, aaah! :p
Beat me to it BA, was just about to post something similar. Ah well, great minds and all that!!! :wink:

It is a water scorpion (Genus Nepa of the Family Nepidae ) - The big brother of this guy:

Water Scorpion

Not bad considering these things used to grow over 3 feet long (Pterygotus anglicus).

They can inflict a painful bite if handled incorrectly, but it is not as dangerous as a true scorpion sting. They can fly, but they rarely do. Were you near standing water or a damp area when you saw this? This would explain the bug being in your locality.

Ish.

ishinryu said:
It is a water scorpion (Genus Nepa of the Family Nepidae ) - The big brother of this guy:

Water Scorpion

Not bad considering these things used to grow over 3 feet long (Pterygotus anglicus).

They can inflict a painful bite if handled incorrectly, but it is not as dangerous as a true scorpion sting. They can fly, but they rarely do. Were you near standing water or a damp area when you saw this? This would explain the bug being in your locality.

Ish.
{Dons wah cloak}-

He was in the shower. Doesn't get much damper than that. :)

{Wah cloak back in the box}

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Intelligence Cell 11
E Jobs (Discussion) 7
Masterchef The Intelligence Cell 22