Whats this all about?

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by starkie2005blue, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had this e-mailed to me today, sounds like a crock of sh*t to me, opinions ??

Why we need Payment Protection agents
    Having a Payment Protection agent in every country we can quickly transfer funds
    inside a country without wasting time on the international bank transfers, and
    continue our rapid growth rather than overwhelming our own bank account with
    inbound and outbound transactions leading to severe hold times and possible
    service interruption. It is time that is of significant importance to our

Career and Benefits
    Your main task will be receiving money transactions to any bank account you
    would like to use for the purposes of this job; and then forwarding these
    transactions to the next party of the Payment Protection process according to
    our instructions. You will benefit from the commissions, which are 5-7% of each
    transaction and depend on the quantity of the completed transactions and the
    speed of your work. Besides, you will be paid a basic salary of 1500 GBP per

For your convenience there will be no paychecks, your commission will remain in
    your account after every successfully completed transaction. The money transfer
    fee is not included in your commission, meaning that you will deduct it from the
    received amount, not from your commission. Also you receive 5-7% of the
    transaction amount. Normally the amounts that we process vary from 2,000 GBP to
    10,000 GBP, but can go higher on special occasions.

Job details
    As the financial activity in your area is not too high, a Payment Protection
    agent will be processing approximately 1-2 transactions per week. Each
    transaction requires approximately 4-5 hours of the agent work. Our manager
    always calls the agent beforehand to provide all the instructions. Therefore,
    with the due time management, the agent is able to combine this job with other
    activities (e.g. primary job or studies).
  2. Debt collection, right?
  3. No. I reckon money laundering or a scam.

If it looks too good to be true...

Try running some of the keywords through Google?

4. I suppose its more original than the Nigerian Prince wanting to get his money out of the country that I seen to get in my spam box.

I wouldn't touch it if I were you.
  5. Agreed Litotes - I was being ironic. Or, trying to!

Yep - does look very much like, "Would you like to get in on a global business with no outlay?"

Litotes - can you name four creatures that start with the letter 'S' btw? If so, how quickly?
  6. A well known scam.

cf Zeus Financial et al.
  7. Tick,tick, tick,

Salamander, stoat, seal, er, er, tick, tick, sheep.

14hrs and 39 mins.

8. I had "stick insect" instead of seal...
  9. Sorry Lits - should have explained - it's one of the new interview questions for assessing alzheimer's. Not sure where your 14 hours and 39 minutes would leave you, diagnosis wise!
  10. They will follow this up with a request for your bank account details, which they will promptly fleece. Suggest you ignore it and get yourself a SPAM filter.
  11. Am surprised it didn't end up in my SPAM to be honest, just wondered if anyone else had shite like this sent to them
  12. So, who are you?

Where am I?

Who should I be?

Lits (I think...)
  13. Yes, all the time, but my Hotmail spam filter stops most of it. Some gets through the filter and I suspect that there is a constant battle going on between the spammers and the ISPs.