Whats this? AFV Recognition.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DeeJay, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise that the windows are probably a later addition (apparently it's used as a limosine) but is the vehicle an actual 43 variant or has it been produced from welding together two vehicles and sticking a turret on top?

Attached Files:

2. a heap of junk!!!!!!!
  3. That'll be a bitch to track bash!
  4. Hello,

I have seen that before,a few years ago I think.
    The details are long forgotten but I would say that is a Fox/Sabre/Trojan turret with a false barrel in place of the Rarden cannon.
    There were thirteen Trojans with Fox turrets and I believe they were used as OPFOR vehicles at Warminster after being withdrawn from front line service,I wonder if they were stretched for that purpose or by the current owner to get more passengers in.
    See here:

5. Never seen it before.

Cut and shut perhaps?
  6. Here's your answer...

Second paragraph down

Could be a problem getting permission i thought, although our tank has rubber in the tracks and the ground pressure is lower than a transit van, it still puts the willies up people on councils. But it seems if your born and bred in Brackly and risking your neck for Queen and country it opens a few doors, and rightly too. The reception was in Bodicot about 17 miles away and with journey afterwards to Brackly town hall it meant that Tanklimo was clocking up pretty high miles for two knackered up war relics welded together in a shed ,but hey she’s never let us down yet ,and she pulled through yet again

made from two 432's