whats the worst bit of kit ever issued

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by MervthePerv, Apr 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i remember being given a pair of gortex socks to trial , in 1990, i couldnt even get my boots on over them

2. Super.

One question though.

What have Gortex socks got to do with Arrse Site Redesign?

3. A machete with a (non absorbent) gutta percha handle, guaranteed to slip out of the hand within seconds of being used.

4. Bowman, end of........

5. boil in the bag waterproofs..........

• Like Like x 2
  6. my pc fucked up ok dude

7. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

58 webbing, Chinese fighting suit, steel helmet and the SLR.
    That should stir up the old and bold.

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I disagree about the SLR any soldier I've talked to they've always said it was gr8. Any old hands agree?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is that twice as good as a GR 4? That was a good 'plane!

10. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Stirring it up worked

Also Plastic insoles for boots and shirt hairy.

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.

• Like Like x 1
  11. the 58 large pack would be fine if you had a 432 for it to ride in unfortunatly most people did so it was shite.
    not that the gs bergan was much better think a mini sas bergan because craphats don't have to carry lots of kit?
    LSW

12. Well back in my cadet days the worse kit was the webbing, the bergens and the Cadet GP,
    When a was the cadet CSM the LSW always got stoppages with the bloody BFA

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE.

13. OK, now i have a hardon; what next? Talk biscuits ab with white paper on to me and tinis of curry and mfp - ohhhh yezsssssssss!!!!!!

14. Ahem, Site re-design seems ok to me (in a post coital sense).

15. Shirts hairy have my vote followed by pavement slapper plimsoles and a PT vest with a V that came down to your navel when wet, which was every day in Scotland.

• Like Like x 1