Whats the solution?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by devilish, Jun 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A single mother and her 2 daughters moved into my building a few months back with their dog, they are renting the flat below from the owner through a letting agency.

My problem lies with their stupid dog. Within 30 seconds of the family leaving the house the mutt starts howling like a bloody wolf. It howls constantly from 8am to 5pm and only stops when someone ie:- the postman or delivery guy comes into the building. Now it really does'nt bother me much as I'm at my work most of the day but it is driving my missus nuts. The final straw came on Friday night at 10pm, the mother was away and the daughters decided to bug out of the house and no-one returned till 4am, the fcuking mutt howled for a full 6 hours!

My missus has spoken to the mother numerous times about the dog and on this occasion she contacted the local council and the plod, both fell on deaf ears. Is this a case of unsociable neighbours? Animal cruelty? Or is it something I/we just need to live with till the family from hell move on?

2. Some sirloin and and a good dose of warfarin.
  3. If its between the hours of 0800-2200 then there's fa you can do. I forget the point of contact though, ill be back.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Complain to the letting agency, as she is probably in breach of her contract - causing a disturbance to others

- bugger this is the NAAFI

amend to:

a) Shoot the dog

b) Shoot the mother, then the dog
  5. fair one I suppose, but a spell in the nick is not really an option, I've considered worse by the way.
  6. I keep on at the Council and ask them what they are/can do. They have noise polution people,but if its not during the hours of darkness, there might be little they can do. Also if you believe the dog is distress , maybe a call to the RSPCA ( but they are few and far between ).
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Did that include shagging the mother/dog?????? :D
  8. Piss through the letterbox and any open windows. The mother may think the mutt has lost self-control and get rid of it. If not it may make you feel better anyway
  9. Thats what I was after, cheers minetapemuncher. Council noise people.
  10. ^ That a good idea. The poor dog is obviously distressed. What can?would they do or need to see before taking action.? Do I need to record the noise the mutts making or would they do that themselves?

The dog seems to be pretty well looked after except for the fact that it is being neglected during the day, sometimes it's in the house from 8 in the morning till 8 in the evening, is this cruelty?
  11. Thing is crabby my p!ss tends to smells like lager, she may think the mutts turned to the drink in despair.
  12. Tape it by all means. Keep a notebook of times and dates, and if it does sound distressed DO call RSPCA. cant do any harm can it?
  13. Will do, thanks for the advice.
  14. Have you actually spoken to them?
  15. Yeah mate.