whats the score with wearing OG jumpers?

Ive seen riflemen wearing them at 3 rifles, redford when i was there and asked about it when i went back to my TAC and seemingly thats standard for certain units to do that over colder weather periods

Worn by people who don't want to wear a combat jacket + belt.

;
Saw Royal Welsh wear them with stable belts around stomachs and CS95 underneath.

I think units have seen the incoming Barrack dress (which looks sh!t) and have implemented their own liking to it

its also worn by some training NCO's at grantham

;
I've been sent it on my Dii account...will try and locate...

Is the New OG Jumper the same as the previous JHW?

Been wearing jersey heavy wool over CS95 shirt as part of winter dress for years, as 2 RGJ and now 4 Rifles. Looks scruffy as ****. Also brilliant when you get the odd hot day!!!

dingerr said:
Worn by people who don't want to wear a combat jacket + belt.
Worn by people who adopt the 'layering' principle (as well as those who work underneath forced-air-system vents)

H

Hedphelym

There was a new Yorkshire Regiment dress booklet was handed round at my unit a couple of months ago, and it stated (with pictures) that the OG jumper with a stable belt could be worn. So i managed to get hold of one, and wore it with my C95 Shirt and stable belt for about a month until it started getting warmer.

I work at my unit a fair bit, and when I was on gate duties I preffered wearing it to my smock if i'm honest. Plus, I think it looks a lot smarter too.

Looks smart I think, although wore one for the duration of winter repair and got my arsed ripped to pieces by the lads, **** it though, I was warm.

We've been able to were our old style wooley pulleys over our 95s as long as they are ironed, ranked up correctly and the shirt underneath is also ironed. I think in some units the RSM can give the nod when it gets icers. It's not necessarily to do with the new barrack dress.