whats the score with RE number one dress

#1
i am a attending a wedding in a couple of weeks and have recently be in contact with thE Sappers Shop ref number one dress.

i am in the royal engineers and have been told many different things about the way the uniform is set out.

do .................
A. the eppauletes have red lining (or is that only infantry)
B. wear my rank on both arms?
C. what colour is the backing on both my rank and qualification badges?
D. do i wear the gold lanyard, and how is it worn?

as you can see im in abit of a pre-dicament with this as i dont want to tip up to the wedding looking like a bag of spanners, obviously the average civvi wont have a clue but i want to look right

i look forward to hearing your comments
 
#2
Wear a suit?
 
#6
follow-the-sapper said:
i am a attending a wedding in a couple of weeks and have recently be in contact with thE Sappers Shop ref number one dress.

i am in the royal engineers and have been told many different things about the way the uniform is set out.

do .................
A. the eppauletes have red lining (or is that only infantry)
B. wear my rank on both arms?
C. what colour is the backing on both my rank and qualification badges?
D. do i wear the gold lanyard, and how is it worn?

as you can see im in abit of a pre-dicament with this as i dont want to tip up to the wedding looking like a bag of spanners, obviously the average civvi wont have a clue but i want to look right
i look forward to hearing your comments
Are you not a civvie?
 
#7
follow-the-sapper said:
wear a suit what a good idea never thought of that! i have been asked to wear a uniform as the perosn getting we dis ex military so i can only try
Having enjoyed attending a couple of weddings as Guard of Honour I can admit that it adds a certain tone to the occassion. However, they were for serving military, not ex-. However, whatever makes the bride happy!
 
#8
I'd be interested to know the feelings on this
How does this work TA-wise?
Are the TA civvies full stop or is F-T-S entitled to wear 1's or indeed 2's to a formal occasion?
What about ex reg TA? would that make any difference?
A soon to be wed friend has hinted that he'd like to have somebody in uniform at his execu....err wedding, I don't really care myself as I'll end up shiters in the one of the bridesmaids dresses (or at least knickers) anyway, hopefully.
 
#11
I know plenty of stabs who got married in uniform guard of honour and all you can't exactly say to them "you can only do this if you are still mobilised"
or have signed the pay sheet
 
#15
barbarasson said:
follow-the-sapper said:
wear a suit what a good idea never thought of that! i have been asked to wear a uniform as the perosn getting we dis ex military so i can only try
Having enjoyed attending a couple of weddings as Guard of Honour I can admit that it adds a certain tone to the occassion. However, they were for serving military, not ex-. However, whatever makes the bride happy!
I assure you, much as it was appreciated, the sight of you in blues was not what made the bride happy!
 
#16
Sorry, but guard of honour for a groom (or bride) in civvies is tres Waltish, regardless of wishes, previous service etc...
 
#17
compus_mentus said:
Sorry, but guard of honour for a groom (or bride) in civvies is tres Waltish, regardless of wishes, previous service etc...
Who's in civvies? The groom or the guard of honour?
If it's the guard of honour, then yes, it would look pump.
But if the groom's in civvies, with the guard in No. 1's, is that the waltish bit?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top