Whats the point of the UN....useless again!

UN going the same way as Oxfam but probably getting shagged easier, you just point a gun!
Or a chocolate bar.
And the great thing with the UN is that whenever you visit the Med Centre or some of the civvy offices you can just fill your pockets with freebie condoms from the big glass bowls of the thing kept on desks and counters.
It's a party party organisation.

UN going the same way as Oxfam but probably getting shagged easier, you just point a gun!
OXFAM no doubt followed the UNs lead. Relevant extract from Jacques Paul Klein - Wikipedia
'In 2003 Officer Kathryn Bolkovac discovered a ring of human trafficking involving UN officers, after two young girls appeared after being sold and abused in illegal brothels. Dozens of girls began turning up with 'eerily similar’ stories: They’d taken a job abroad as a waitress or cleaner or nanny – often at the insistence of their own families – but during the journey everything had gone wrong. They were taken somewhere else altogether, forcibly stripped and sold to someone who humiliated, beat and raped them into dead-eyed submission. Now they were imprisoned in brothels in Bosnia. The UN mission in Bosnia finished in January 2003 but the abuses did not end there. Former Special Representative of the UN Secretary General (SRSG) in Bosnia, Jacques Paul Klein, under whose supervision the cases of human trafficking occurred, did not do anything to help Kathyrin Bolkovac and dismissed all her claims, alluding the abused girls were ´whores of war´and he was not going to change anything. In fact, Jacques Paul Klein, the head of the UN mission in Bosnia, went on to lead the UN mission in Liberia, where he presided over similar scandals'

OXFAM no doubt followed the UNs lead. Relevant extract from Jacques Paul Klein - Wikipedia
'In 2003 Officer Kathryn Bolkovac discovered a ring of human trafficking involving UN officers, after two young girls appeared after being sold and abused in illegal brothels. Dozens of girls began turning up with 'eerily similar’ stories: They’d taken a job abroad as a waitress or cleaner or nanny – often at the insistence of their own families – but during the journey everything had gone wrong. They were taken somewhere else altogether, forcibly stripped and sold to someone who humiliated, beat and raped them into dead-eyed submission. Now they were imprisoned in brothels in Bosnia. The UN mission in Bosnia finished in January 2003 but the abuses did not end there. Former Special Representative of the UN Secretary General (SRSG) in Bosnia, Jacques Paul Klein, under whose supervision the cases of human trafficking occurred, did not do anything to help Kathyrin Bolkovac and dismissed all her claims, alluding the abused girls were ´whores of war´and he was not going to change anything. In fact, Jacques Paul Klein, the head of the UN mission in Bosnia, went on to lead the UN mission in Liberia, where he presided over similar scandals'
Yes, I'm aware of the UN "sex scandal" in Bosnia, an area where there were lots of females from Eastern Europe (I interviewed Albanian, Rumanian, Bulgarian, Moldavian, Russian amongst others) willingly prostituting themselves.

What are you doing here? - I am a dancer, look, I have qualifications.
How did you find out about this job vacancy? - A friend from my village told me, she used to work here / I answered an advert in my local paper.
Why have you not got a job closer to your home? - Because I get more money here, My son is being looked after by my mother, when I have enough money I will go home and get married.
Do you recognise this dead girl? - Yes that is xxxxxxxx, she was a dancer at xxxxxxx, she was killed accidentally.
You say accidentally? This girls body was found in the river.

Some such girls would come to the attention of the UN because they'd run away from their "boss" because they weren't getting enough pay. Some prostitutes would get picked up at airports as they had false passports.
There were cases where the only place for them to stay would be a night club or a brothel owned by a former police chief, so the police would find them accomodation there with the strict proviso that they were not to work (!).
I'll not continue swinging the lantern, there is no doubt that some UN employees bought "temporary wives" to cook, clean, have sex with and to rent out to others, there is no doubt that some were involved in trafficking unwilling women and in corrupt practices such as asking for money from night club owning pimps in order to turn a blind eye.
There are claims that sex slave women were provided for sex with UN personnel who were being hosted and entertained by local friends/dignitaries/"mafia" and may or may not have known the women were unwillingly prostituting themselves.
There is no doubt that thousands of women in Bosnia were subjected to rape and enforced prostitution and to trafficking before, during and after UN involvement.

Well done for stating the well known bleedin' obvious, things that we've all read and heard of.
Yes, there are corrupt people in the UN, OXFAM, the EU, any police force, any army, any government, any etc etc etc.

You've dangled your maggot in this thread and at least one other in very obvious attempts to see what you can catch and I'm willing to make your float bob once or twice but I don't think it's worth paying any real attention to you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blogg The Intelligence Cell 8
1stgulfmac The NAAFI Bar 24
S The Other Half 20