ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Whats the point of the UN....useless again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ThunderBox, Sep 29, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there is a Myanmar thread, a Balkans thread, a Syria thread and a North Korea thread.

But surely it is long overdue an overhaul of the ineffective dis-United Nations.

What exactly is this expense achieving?

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41420973

Veto's to massage the ego of 'super' powers or their wannabe ilk.

Africa is a melting pot of violence that has laughed at the UN for decades. The Middle East is a melting pot of violence.

What is the UN mandate and is it worth a damn anymore?

Thoughts on a postcard......

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 8
  2. Fair point.
    U.N is a toothless tiger.

3. It allows out of touch burocrats, and overpaid narcisstic useless pen pushers, a forum to spout platitudes, and shed crocodile tears, while the worlds politicians, clergy, and bankers instigate wars, famines, and civil unrest, so that the political military complex can fund and supply arms dealers with the wherewithal to prolong the agony of the worlds faceless masses, while drawing massive salaries and perks, paid for by the hard taxed populace of the warring countries. End of rant!!

• Like Like x 12
  4. This is terrible. You mean that lessons were not learned from the League of Nations?

Surely the UN is there to provide employment for the useless and to make failing/mediocre thespians and the like feel important.

Perhaps we should hold a referendum on leaving it. I am sure that we pay our dues unlike.......you know who.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The U.S.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. 1io7x.jpg

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. The subject matter is to serious for sarcasm, but I take your point, and totally agree, the farce that is the UN has gone on for far to long, it has had a modicum of success in that it reacts eventually to humanitarian disasters, and puts boots and logistics where needed, but they are sent to disasters that are initially started by the UN's lack of force to mediate between the warring factions, and holding governments to account on a foreseeable famine scenario. the bottom line is, as I see it, too many people, not enough resources, and total world power in the hands of incompetent bias idiots.

• Like Like x 1
  9. That sounds more like a true assessment than a rant.

10. quantify that statement!

11. Somebody will probably be along shortly to say that without the UN things would be even worse, just like with the EU.

12. It is a serious subject, but do you see change on the horizon? Or is everyone involved happy with the way that things are.

13. Yes, sir. On this occasion I will point out that the US owes the UN $1.182 billion. Google is there for all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The more burocratic departments and government agencies that evolve to rectify a problem, the more convoluted the problem becomes, too many people, some with their own agendas, trying to solve a problem that has escalated out of proportion to the original problem that warranted their intervention in the first place, its a catch 22 situation, simply by their being there, they prolong the agony, nobody wins, least of all the women and kids, who whatever the massive problem, are always at the bottom of the equation.

15. Thank you.