Whats the oldest possession you own?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Can_do_attitude, Feb 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After giving my room a much needed tidy last night I came across an old alarm clock I've had since I was I kid, which was bough in Germany while my dad was based at Munster

This alarm clock is older than me (pre 1983) and it still works fine despite having various liquids spilled over it, being dropped numerous times and even thrown down the stairs at one point....this thing is so old it even has a (working I might add) tape deck!

Does anyone else have any possessions dating back a fair bit??

2. A Naval General Service medal which predates the Waterloo Medal (which I also have and which I know was issued well after the event)

A Phillips PCR (Phillips Communication Receiver) which is a couple of years older than me, and I really am old - 2402nnnn old

3. A Roman coin, dated 334 AD...

4. My grandfathers medals, Fathers medals, a memorial coin/medal thing from the Lusitania and a couple of Roman coins somewhere. Do the fossils (not Aunty_Stella) I have count?

5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

6. minging old gonk bag (issued to me 1988 ish), still gets used sometimes.

7. My Grannies frying pan and a pair of boots bought circa 1980 ( still going strong too ) :D

8. I've got me Gt Grandads rook rifle. It has victorian proof marks from Scotland.

9. I have a trilobite fossil from the middle cambrian age ( 375 million to 500 million years old) that my sister dug up while a geology student in Utah.

[​IMG]

10. The Amstrad CPC 464 , complete with fully working tape deck, chucky egg, Roland on the ropes and Harrier Attack ( to name but a few)

11. My old pebble collection

I've got my coat already...

12. My 'liberated' toolbag from my recce times.
    Can be buggers sometimes. I mean : what the fcuk is a 5/16 spanner these days ?!?!

13. I have Tutankhamun's chest X-ray.
    But it's not one he drove down to the local General Hospital to get done.
    I guess it was done when the exhibition was in London.
    I got given a copy when, as a young Student Radiographer, we went on one of our visits/courses at Kodak or Ilford.

14. Well these are all putting my 26yr old german alarm clock to shame!

Although, I do have a chunk of Hadrians wall I chiseled away on a school trip, as well as a chunk of an egyptian temple I acquired a couple year back