What's the most mind-numbing thing you've done today?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by stoatman, Nov 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, I just went through a page and a bit of typed French legalese text on-screen, manually replacing aphostrophes with almost indistinguishable ones. And in French, there's a lot of damn apostrophes. I then had to print it out & check (the 1st kind of apostrophe prints as a question mark: "je m?appelle Nadine", m?a-t-elle dit, "veux-tu coucher avec moi ce soir? Tu me fais très excitée, et je l?aime mieux dans le cul"), only that's not exactly legalese & I made it up to appeal to the regular Naafi audience... If only the legalese was that exciting... And now I'm rambling...
  2. Go to work
  3. two hours of sales training...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  4. So Stoatman, if my French is up to snuff, you are saying that your name is Nadine, I make you very excited, would I like to sleep with you, and you like it best up the arrse... tell me, is this your professional patter? Do you use the name Nadine all the time or just when you're 'working'? 8O
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Sounds better in French :!:
  6. Very true X-Inf :lol:
  7. Maybe so, but I'm worried now that next time I log into the 'Horny French teenagers' chatroom, I'm going to be chatting with some sweaty-palmed squaddie with a GCSE in basic obscene French. :?
  8. i just checked some fifty T-shirts, colour, size and name spelling......
    god i need alcohol......

Beebs x
  9. Yup you're right - the only nuance you didn't get is that excité also means horny!

I only use the name Nadine when I'm seducing FBI agents on pre-teen chatrooms :lol:
  10. written a planning application for submission to Torbay Council - total crap
  11. Logged on to ARRSE...
  12. Plating Caits mum..................
  13. Well yesterday i had 2hours of fire training .2 hours to say 'dont panic
    phone 999 and get everyone out or the other side of a fire door '.And i ,m supposed to do this twice a year
  14. Did you have to shout "don't be a hero!" or "Its gonna blow!!"???
  15. Today I mostly had;1 G&T, 1 glass sauterne (to accompany fois gras), 4 glasses Chateuneuf de Pape ( ditto steak and stuff), 2 glasses port cheese and stuff). Why the extra 4 pints of Stella? Cos we can...
    Wish me luck tonight!!!