What's the latest issue load carrying system these days?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by bibo_boy, Aug 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit out of the loop...

But whats the latest "issue" load carring system at the moment?

I know for HERRICK you get the pouches for Osprey but now new guys are getting issued MTP what "webbing" do you get?

Is there MTP PLCE?

I've had a scan of the first few pages on here but nothing seen.

Cheers

BB

2. Maybe they are just going to issue everyone Osprey ?

3. I had heard this for people returning post tour but I can't see that happening in the short term?

4. Issuing a battle belt with a yoke might work that one out. You can be sure it won't be done though.

5. Boris posted some pic's a few weeks ago on the latest issue battle belt along with the handy booklet to expalin it all ,cant remember what thread it was, use the search function im sure it will work/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

6. They are issuing just that in the 'black bag!'

7. Fair one, kit issue isn't getting much wrong at the moment (bar the up/down, in/out debacle). Any idea on the quality compared to those on the market?

Got the Disciple one a few months back and works well inter changing it between a yoke and Osprey when you need to.

Get my black bag after leave, does the new issue battle belt come with a mtp yoke and pouches etc or is it use a dpm yoke and pouches from your Osprey issue?

One issue I found with the disciple one was that it only had 2 Molle ladders at the front where the ammo pouches go.

8. Wah?
    You use the million and one pouches issued with your osprey...in MTP...

9. Was thinking more along the lines of those being issued the new webbing set up that hadn't been issued Osprey, whether you'd get given a set rig like with plce.
    But thinking about it, anything given in the black bag takes a long time to come onto general issue.

10. What is the point of them issuing anything, you just go and buy alternatives anyway. Personally I think they should do away with Procurement and just hand out a bit of cash every tour and say go buy what you want. Now that would save a huge amount of money.

11. Make sure you bring your cheque book when requesting a kit exchange then.

12. Agreed, when I asked that question about what they all do when the purchase kit breaks, gets lost or otherwise damaged, I got lots of it's dusty in here type replies.

13. General consensus at the moment, not just from other lads in my unit but mates back at home from others seems to be that most are generally happy with what's being issued now.

You always get the token kit whore that'll buy everything different no matter how good though.