WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? - SUNNI OR SHIITE

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Outstanding, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Isn't it something simple about who believes the rightful prophet to takeover from Mohamed should be? Is it really worth killing and dieing for?

2. One is the Carribean the other is Blackpool ?

3. If its not sunny, it's shite. I'd rather be on holiday meself.

Outstanding, once again, you have excelled yourself.

4. Do you mean Mohammed? Peace be upon him; no

5. Sunnis accept the elected Caliphate of Abu Bakr as theological authority.

Shias believe that Muhammed's bloodline passed though his daughter Fatima and cousin Ali.

I am admitteldy puzzled, but I can see how nailing a proclamation to a cathedral door could also be seen as puzling.

6. Outstanding - are you POTUS by any chance? I believe that George Bush asked the same question to Iraqi guests at the Whitehouse at the 2003 SuperBowl. Looks like, the answer wasn't made very clear for him.

7. Essentially, Sunni Muslims (globally the majority, by far - probably 90% of practising Muslims) accept only the authority of the Prophet himself - ie the final revelations of Allah as recorded in the Qu'ran. Shi'ites (an heretical sect to many Sunni Muslims) accept the authority of the 10 lineal descendants of the Prophet in addition to that of the Qu'ran. It is, of course, a bit more complex than this, but essentially this is the difference - at least, as far as I've been able to work it out from discussions with various imams!

8. At no stage, whatsoever, say "Piss on him"

Do not say it Dale, do not say it. Also do not tell Outstanding they are full of piss and wind. Do not say it. Do not say it.

9. cant see it makes any diff if either of them have their finger on the remote as you drive by the culvert where they placed the roadside bomb.

10. I rest my case.

Sunny or shite?

Sunny and shite?

It's all the same.

Slug xxx

11. As the Papal Legate advised Simon de Montfort at the siege of Bezieres

"Kill them all,God will know his own"

12. How dare you, how fucking dare you.

I hope you are ashamed of yourself.

13. double Grrrrrr

lol