Whats The Crack With Gettin Posted To 11 EOD?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by smudger77, Oct 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I put in a triple p a few months ago and got asked did i wanna go to 11 eod, which i was told were based all over, chester, edingbrugh etc etc... today my rcmo, gives me an update to say my security clearance has passed, and then fones up glsagow to tell them i'm ready to move, he asks them were i'll be posted and they say that all pte drivers are posted into didcot? is this the case? i thought i would be sent out to edngbrugh, chester, germany or one of them, dont really wanna be at didcot for 4 yrs.

2. ISTR that there is only one Private soldier in the entire regiment and that is a Private driver at Didcot, not much wiggle room if you want posting elsewhere :D

3. ISTR????what does that mean. also do you know what the job intails as a pte down at didcot? and also what do u mean not much wiggle room if i wanted postin elsewere. i think you mean that the EOD units such as chester etc etc...... are at full strengh and dont need anyone. could it be possible someone is comin to the end of there postin. I was under the impression (from glasgow) that i would go todidcot to my admin, trainin etc etc..... then off to one of the EOD units

4. Lookout, incoming....

ATs are gonna love you son....

5. Suggest you re-read depot-donkey's post until you understand it!

6. Re-read, re-read, how about you just tell me the big secret, obviously i dont understand, otherwise i wouldnt be asking. is not what forums are for, for ppl to help eachother??????

7. What secret? If you can't understand his post I would humbly sugest that you consider a posting to a transport squadron somewhere quiet :D

8. we'll see when there gettin thrashed.

9. why coz iu dont understand what ISTR is.

hahahahahahaha, muppets

10. got this amazing thing called google will help, but HQ 11 EOD Regiment RLC is at Dicot

and the Sections are stationed all around UK, NI & Germany, look for *21 *=number

ie google "321 EOD" = Northern Ireland

11. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Incoming...begin.

Oh ok, rather than give you a hard time for sayng something dumb, a word of advice. Ring the 11 EOD RCMO and ask him for the ground truth. Easy eh ?

12. ISTR - i seem to recall, wasn't hard was, i dont understand why not understanding internet slang, you would say i should "go to a quiet transport squadron"

13. well i thought that was the whole point of the internet......i thought i would ask here rather than ringin them up, maybe, just maybe, someone may of known. obviously not. just abunch of keyboard warriors.

14. Okay, so you didn't understand 'ISTR', but what part of "there is only one Private soldier in the entire regiment and that is a Private driver at Didcot, not much wiggle room if you want posting elsewhere" did you not manage to understand?

15. MY 2ND POST,

ISTR????what does that mean. (dnt see wot the problem askin to translate internet slang is) also do you know what the job intails as a pte down at didcot? (i.e. white fleet? green fleet? 4 tonne daf etc etc)and also what do u mean not much wiggle room if i wanted postin elsewere. i think you mean that the EOD units such as chester etc etc...... are at full strengh and dont need anyone.(was just askin you to confirm that i was correct on thinkin this) could it be possible someone is comin to the end of there postin. I was under the impression (from glasgow) that i would go todidcot to my admin, trainin etc etc..... then off to one of the EOD units