whats the chanches of being based in germany?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by tom_williamson23, Dec 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what is the chance of being based in germany after my phase 3 (RE bricklayer&concretor) ???

2. Hill's might give you a 3-1
  3. 10-1 if you're a postie.
  4. Request UK and tell them you've got a burning compassionate reason for staying local.

You'll be loving the LOA before you know it mate!
  5. LOA was great in my time !

We got £62 a week in Hohne. When we got posted to HMP Maze in early 1974, I got £17.50 a week. They were queuing up to leave ! They gave us 'danger money' of 50 p per week. Then they taxed us on that ! It's true.

Oh, and it was 6 DM to the pound then. :twisted:
  6. Tom, there are (IIRC) 4 Engr Regts in Germany. Ask for Germany see what you get.

Just don't set your heart on it. Your dart might miss Germany when MCM Div throw it at the "wall of postings".
  7. And one of those will be back in UK in a years time!
  8. if you get the chance then do it, the first 3 years of my time are a bit hazy in hameln. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Posting to BAOR perhaps, however, you'll spend much of your time attached to units in either Iraq or Afghanistan, if only to make up the numbers!! :wink:
  10. There you go. Go for 28 Engr. And see if you can go Rig Op.
  11. Why would anyone really want to be a DUCK?

Ducks float, if you forget the bungs, Rigs don't!
  12. So theres Hohne, Hameln and Paderborn, now dont ask for Osnabruck as once they are back from Telic they are of to Catterick
    Ive managed 4 postings to germany and loved them all (Nienburg,Hameln,Osnabruck and im now at Paderborn)
    UK postings have to many mummys boys who want to go home all the time my worst uk posting was when i was a Tidworth orphan when knocker was in THE sqn to be in :wink: :lol:
  13. it certainly was mate. :D :D :D :D