Whats the best way of knowing how far you running?

I dont go to the gym so dont have atreadmill to time how many miles im doing. I just run outside but I don tknow how far im actually running ? how you supposed to know ?

Attach a role of bog roll to your back, when you finish the run pull it all in and cout the sheets.

Take a measuring of a sheet, and multiply by the number of sheets. Hey presto, distance run.

Or

If you road run, take a car round. Use the Trip.

Mapmyrun from above is good, if you know your route well.

Gmaps pedomter is pretty good for planning your runs.

A garmin Forerunner is the best option for seeing how you're getting on whilst running. You might want to consider the Nike+ system with iPod.

It's not as accurate as a Garmin as I find mine to be over by about 500mtrs on a 10k run and about 750mtrs on an 18.5k run (though they say it can be calibrated but for some reason it eludes me). Though the Nike+ website it links to is good for keeping track of your progress and also has a feature like gmaps to plan and record your runs on.

simply count your strides as you run to the end of your street and back, then measure the distance using a 30cm ruler and a piece of chalk. divide the distance in metres by the number of strides you took. this will give you your stride length. when you next go for a run, count the number of strides you take on your run and multiply it by your stride length.

simple. :roll:

Google Maps; go to the My Maps option and pick distance measurement tool. If you get bored of running three miles, you can run 5.14E-13 light years instead ;)

this has got to be a bite?? what ever happened to a OS map, a bit of paper and a straight edge???

DD

Contrarian said:
It's simple. You should use the standard formula that all serious runners utilise:

Using a change in temperature against a change in C (?) to measure distance.

That's so wacky it might work.

edit- on topic, I use a forerunner 305.

Good piece of kit