Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the best vacuum flask?

So who makes the best one ? I`m looking to keep around a pint of coffee hot for 7-8 hours whilst out overnight fox shooting.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
So foxes like coffee? You learn something new every day.:-D:-D:-D

MsG

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Still have my steel Wynnster, it's decades old, no idea if they still make them, it's been all over the place, useful and durable.

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
TBH, I have found the stainless steel ones sold in supermarkets are as good as some of the very expensive branded ones. For overnight, the larger the better, larger volume, proportionately smaller surface area for heat loss. If you want to keep the contents warm, wrap the flask in an extra layer of insulation e.g. thermal blanket and especially round the top.

As an extra tip, preheat the flask with boiling water and let it stand for a few minutes before you fill with the beverage of choice.

If you want branded then the Thermos Hammertone is quite nice but about £18.

Fvck off with your crayons this is not the NAAFI bar.
You tit

He made a mild quip, I would say you are the one with the crayons. Not even Viro_bono would take offence at his quip.
It's not like he's made any of his usual claims in here.

On subject. Bought a 1L stainless flask from Asda about 15 years ago. Still going strong. Replaced the lid cup but that's it. Used it for many a night shift.

Tyk

LE
I've got a stainless one from some supermarket years ago, it's looking a bit battered, but it keeps the coffee hot for ages and it's bombproof. Being a Yorkshireman I won't have paid much for it.

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
He made a mild quip, I would say you are the one with the crayons. Not even Viro_bono would take offence at his quip.
It's not like he's made any of his usual claims in here.

On subject. Bought a 1L stainless flask from Asda about 15 years ago. Still going strong. Replaced the lid cup but that's it. Used it for many a night shift.
Had enough of Spudsy B/S.
Now spring loaded to Pi55ed off position with him.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Fvck off with your crayons this is not the NAAFI bar.
You tit
So who asked you for your opinion, mush? Or are you just brown-nosing the Mods?

MsG

Zojirushi. No question. My 'Tuff Slim' flask is over 25 years old, It got dropped down the tower in Keady and still has a bloody great dent where it landed on the stair rail but it still keeps stuff hot for 8 hours and warm for 12 in the middle of winter. The fancy spring-loaded pouring spout I thought would break is still perfect.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I recently wanted a thermal mug after my Lifeventure one fell apart and found a Zojirushi one on Amazon- it was expensive at £20 but keeps stuff hot for longer than the old one despite having a handy flip-up lid so you can use it one-handed. The only problem is no one seems to sell them in the UK so it's a matter of waiting for one from Japan.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a stainless one from some supermarket years ago, it's looking a bit battered, but it keeps the coffee hot for ages and it's bombproof. Being a Yorkshireman I won't have paid much for it.

Don't think there's any difference with the stainless flasks branded or unbranded.
I am instant death to the plastic and glass ones.

Dropped 'em. Broke.

Rinsed with cold water straight after having hot drinks in.... Smash