Whats the best thing to do during lockdown

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
My cars battery died about five weeks ago .
I dont know what to do as we are currently unable to get out .

So

Do I generate start the car and run it standing for half an hour of so then repeat daily

or

Leave it till we can get out start it go for a long run then keep an eye on it every few days .

Many thanks troops its an 10 year oldAutomatic if thats any use with a heavy duty battery only worth or three years old.

Get one online, my HD Japanese OEM battery was delivered in a few days at a good price.
automatics are hard on their batteries.

So

Do I generate start the car and run it standing for half an hour of so then repeat daily

or

Leave it till we can get out start it go for a long run then keep an eye on it every few days .

Many thanks troops its an 10 year oldAutomatic if thats any use with a heavy duty battery only worth or three years old.
I've heard that hydroxychloroquine is good for fcuked batteries.

Add Epsom salt to the battery and buy a trickle charger online, a decent heavy duty battery should last 5 yrs at least.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just charge it and go for a long drive out when you need it.

As a classic car owner this is pretty much my standard routine every spring.

anglo

LE

So

or

Charge your car battery up,{CHECK YOUR FAN BELT IS CORRECTLY TENSIONED}
start engine and go for a good long drive,
stop engine, put car in garage overnight, next morning start car,
if car doesn't start, replace battery with new one, don't freck about with it,
if car starts run it for 15 mins or go for a drive every 4 days, if battery goes
flat in 4 days, replace with new one,
Garages are open, they remained open as they are classed as an essential service,
If you subscribe to breakdown service, call them, say you need a battery
pay with a card
Don't waste your time with a battery that's frecked

Latest Threads