whats the best thing about being in the royal signals?

oldbloke said:
All you lot waxing lyrical but how many are in the association? I left years ago but only joined last year. Support your Corps?
Its free to join if you are still in. Link on Corps website.

Spliff-Boy said:
tacp said:
I saw two extremes when I woz in the corps. The first exteme was those lazy **** that felt life owed them a living , usually techs. The other extreme was usually the TG's that wanted to jump out of planes, laze targets and generally eat det commander courses.

In reality, as a CTO of a technologt company , I would take any technician trade, some tg trades, but absolutely NO combat trades.

Sorry guys, but technology wins the day over filling generators. slag me off, but I employ people in civilian strasse
Slag you off, may we?

You are a cȯck sniffing, vagina wearing củnt. Your comment: 'CTO of a technologt company' says it all. What do you do, sell playstations? What do you do when your generator needs a top up, or does none of your technology require power? Củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt.
The fact that you cant even quote me without spelling mistakes says much. What the f... is a "vagina wearing ****" when its at home mate ? Only reason I posted was to let those tech trades out there know that there are people on the other side that want to employ them. As for twats like you, looks like your on a 22 year deployment with the chimps and wimmin. Go **** your fist in the block , prick.

who would be the best company to approach about hiring a tech??

tacp said:
Spliff-Boy said:
tacp said:
I saw two extremes when I woz in the corps. The first exteme was those lazy **** that felt life owed them a living , usually techs. The other extreme was usually the TG's that wanted to jump out of planes, laze targets and generally eat det commander courses.

In reality, as a CTO of a technologt company , I would take any technician trade, some tg trades, but absolutely NO combat trades.

Sorry guys, but technology wins the day over filling generators. slag me off, but I employ people in civilian strasse
Slag you off, may we?

You are a cȯck sniffing, vagina wearing củnt. Your comment: 'CTO of a technologt company' says it all. What do you do, sell playstations? What do you do when your generator needs a top up, or does none of your technology require power? Củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt.
The fact that you cant even quote me without spelling mistakes says much. What the f... is a "vagina wearing *" when its at home mate ? Only reason I posted was to let those tech trades out there know that there are people on the other side that want to employ them. As for **** like you, looks like your on a 22 year deployment with the chimps and wimmin. Go * your fist in the block , prick.
So you don't want to be slagged off really.

Well obviously the best thing ever about being in the RS is the lifetime membership to the museum at Blandford Camp. isnt it??

chubster said:
Well obviously the best thing ever about being in the RS is the lifetime membership to the museum at Blandford Camp. isnt it??
Chubster, sorry to be an arrse but RS was the Royal Scots now ? Bn Scots.

chubster said:
or if like me you didnt sign up to it but got volounteered for 2 weeks guard.

jack, maybe. but i was already paying into the reme one as i got roped into that by the same shite sales pitch

heidtheba said:
chubster said:
Well obviously the best thing ever about being in the ROYAL CORP OF SIGNALS is the lifetime membership to the museum at Blandford Camp. isnt it??
Chubster, sorry to be an arrse but RS was the Royal Scots now ? Bn Scots.
If sorry about it.... thats ok then just dont do it again. Is above better for you? :)

easy-wan-kenobi said:
jack, maybe. but i was already paying into the reme one as i got roped into that by the same shite sales pitch
You missed out on the opportunity to see a mocked up WW1 trench with a field phone in it AND Monty's radio truck? Are you mad?

jimmys_best_mate said:
easy-wan-kenobi said:
You missed out on the opportunity to see a mocked up WW1 trench with a field phone in it AND Monty's radio truck? Are you mad?
OMG

"Sugar one, sugar one....*crackle crackle* this is Sunray....enemy armoured car....*crackle crackle*"

Loved that recording

jimmys_best_mate said:
easy-wan-kenobi said:
oh i still got to go around the place. kohima troop always had blokes cleaning the fcuker

i must say i fooking love the corps.... please MCM div send me to my top choice and i guarantee ill stay in another 3 years. another shite posting will break me.

I would say a good reason for joining the R Sigs is the diversity. If you are into the green side of things, then there is 18 Sig Regt or 216 to go for - If you are more interested in the trade side of things, but not wearing cam cream on exercise, then 1 Sig Sqn (SC) could be for you. There are also Rear lik dets all over the place along with TACP etc so the diversity has got to be a bonus.

Look at all the sunshine posts there are!
you'd have to be a fool not to join the Royal Sigs....and it opens up more opportunities when you have to return to civ div!

Best thing about being in the Royal Signals, hmmmm, thats a tough one. I would say, probably, the best thing for me was ......... Not being unemployed!

Although, to be honest, it was a very very close call.