whats the best thing about being in the royal signals?

Yes and "On my CV you will see that I can shout "fire" very loudly, and also I have pushed buttons which lauch big rockets that blow things up. I left Her Majesty's Royal Corps of Signals for that"

Still, it's a free country - thanks, ironically to Her Majesty's Forces. Oh what do I know - I'm ex Signals now in telecoms recruitment.

Best thing about Signals:

The Craic
The fellowship
The shiny kit
Change parades

SteveWestKent said:
Still, it's a free country - thanks, ironically to Her Majesty's Forces. Oh what do I know - I'm ex Signals now in telecoms recruitment.
Got any jobs? Mines boring the cr@p out of me!

convoy_cock said:
18 GX 64 - AKA RATT Oscar

That clapped out 3/4 tonne landrover with 450 layers of low quality paint could pull more kit on exercise than a recovery vehicle. We used to have so much shi-te packed in the trailer, the canopy used to just look like a hanky sitting on top. I'll never forget the joy of doing 30mph along the Hogs Back with your face pressed against the windscreen, willing the fcuker to do 32mph, whilst your co-driver read bits out of a wa-nk mag to you.
Alas if my memory serves me it was that wagon that met it's timely end by bursting into flames at the M3/A303 Turn off. Obviously the thought of spending another two weeks on Salisbury Drain on Ex Pegasus pants on head or whatever they called it was too much for the old girl to contemplate. The Det Comd was a chain smoking jock who would average 40 tabs between Arnhem Barracks and Barton stacey and swore blind that it was the artic heater that went on fire (funny it being june at the time) and not him dropping a lit tab onto the fuel tanks. You would have been proud though it caused massive tailbacks both ways as the the smoke screen it generated was pretty impressive to say the least. :lol:

jimmys_best_ mate said:
PoisonDwarf said:
Good for you mate and I hope you make the most of all those transferrable skills in the Royal Artillery. Civvy street is screaming out for MLRS and AS90 crews.
"Dear Sir, I can pull a string and shout bang with confidence"
yes maybe the sigs have more trans skills but there are similarities (hgv/limited comms trg) but also seperate skills to learn. the main thing that took me to the gunners was i wanted to be deployed anywhere (telic/herrick/un) but the sigs didnt want to know whereas the arty are supporting me in my quest. fair play to those in the sigs and ex-sigs but you have to go where you can be usefull 8) :rambo:

lemonsuckas said:
the main thing that took me to the gunners was i wanted to be deployed anywhere (telic/herrick/un) but the sigs didnt want to know whereas the arty are supporting me in my quest.
The RSigs didn't want to deploy you anywhere? They haven't stopped deploying any of the rest of us? :?

oldbloke said:
All you lot waxing lyrical but how many are in the association? I left years ago but only joined last year. Support your Corps?
Was reading about it earlier. Cleaning out my old notes as moving house and found all the leaflets. How involved with the Association are you? Do you think you've/anyone else has benefited from joining?

jimmys_best_mate said:
lemonsuckas said:
the main thing that took me to the gunners was i wanted to be deployed anywhere (telic/herrick/un) but the sigs didnt want to know whereas the arty are supporting me in my quest.
The RSigs didn't want to deploy you anywhere? They haven't stopped deploying any of the rest of us? :?

:( Thats right jimmy..i asked three times to go away and kept being told no. decided i was wasting my breath after the third try.all the best to those that did get away and i hope they are gwetting a nice tan

Cant grumble about the sigs, (except camnet/tentage friday) was in for 5 years then transferred out to another Corps, lads arnt the same, sigs know how to have a laugh even when everyone about them are doing their best to sh*t on them. Although still dont regret transferring!! Job is much better, i get to watch the scaleys getting shat on now while i put my feet up and drink lots of brews (before my own officers & seniors tip up and sh*t on me that is).......

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
biscuits said:
I've been working with matelot artificers for the last 2 years, and I've got to say, the Royal Corps puts them all to shame when it comes to professionalism, teamwork and loyalty.
:crying: Now I am sad, all matelots must be terrible!

Yeah right and the current Royal Signals is topped out with people exhibiting exceptional professionalism and loyalty, which sort of contradicts the sky rocketing PVR rate, why the Tfc(IS) numbers are about to drop through the floor and this is before the new trade structures bite.

Horses for courses - work, worked and will continue to work (sadly) with Technicians and Artificers of all three services - nothing really sets any apart from each other. Except maybe this godamn weird urge to roll sleeves up and down twice a year :p Why do the RSMs get so excited about that and sideburns :?

The impression I got is that the Sigs were one BS lot. I was on exercise one year at Vogelsang, my unit , the 2 Coldstream Guards were formed up on the vehicle park,and they kept asking, who is that BS lot over there? Shirts and troussers highly pressed and seamed, and boots highly polished,while the Guardsmen's kit had come straight out of thier kit bags. Even thier Mercedes trucks were shining and spotless.

I saw two extremes when I woz in the corps. The first exteme was those lazy twats that felt life owed them a living , usually techs. The other extreme was usually the TG's that wanted to jump out of planes, laze targets and generally eat det commander courses.

In reality, as a CTO of a technologt company , I would take any technician trade, some tg trades, but absolutely NO combat trades.

Sorry guys, but technology wins the day over filling generators. slag me off, but I employ people in civilian strasse

tacp said:
I saw two extremes when I woz in the corps. The first exteme was those lazy **** that felt life owed them a living , usually techs. The other extreme was usually the TG's that wanted to jump out of planes, laze targets and generally eat det commander courses.

In reality, as a CTO of a technologt company , I would take any technician trade, some tg trades, but absolutely NO combat trades.

Sorry guys, but technology wins the day over filling generators. slag me off, but I employ people in civilian strasse
Slag you off, may we?

You are a cȯck sniffing, vagina wearing củnt. Your comment: 'CTO of a technologt company' says it all. What do you do, sell playstations? What do you do when your generator needs a top up, or does none of your technology require power? Củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt, củnt.

jakers said:
Getting one chance of promotion a year, its for winners lol. plus if bullshit was snow blandford would be a ski resort x
You know what they say about horseshit, a little pile dosen't smell too bad but alot of it and it smells really bad - Blandford