Whats the best TA Infantry unit?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by beel999, Jan 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats the best TA Infanty unit?
  2. Depends on what role you are looking for and where you live.
  3. Any Coy in 4 Para or F Coy 7 Rifles but as Glider says if you intend to join it rather depends on where you live.
  4. Im choosing between 3 PWRR and 7 rifles,
    any thoughts on either one d which ones better?
  5. Visit both Units. Speak to the staff. Make up you're own mind once you have all the facts. :wink:

And good luck!
  6. Is anyone on here in either 7 rifles or 3 PWRR? ;)
  7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

A (Fusilier) Coy 4 Mercian...
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The answer will vary depending on who you ask. If anyone doesn't say that theirs is the best then they need shooting.

Unless of course it is as per Sandy_Boots' answer :D
  9. bit of a Brummy are we? :)
  10. 51st Highland 7 Scots..... (well ive got to say that i'm in it)

to be honest you local Infantry unit will have a grand history and even a county Regt is not that bad :)
  11. 3PWRR naturally.
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

49 Para.
  13. Says a man who has adopted the persona of somebody from, err, The Rifles... :D

No further questions, M'lud - even he admits it...
  14. msr

msr LE

In all honesty whatever unit you join you will find an almost equal number of good blokes, top instructors, good officers, total idiots, fat lazy individuals etc etc.

I recall being grabbed by the local Force Protection Company in Basra in 2005 when we were mortared and the guys there were exactly the same guys as I had joined up with some 15 years before: same faces, same jobs, same outlook, just 15 years younger...