Whats the best TA Infantry unit?

beel999 said:
Im choosing between 3 PWRR and 7 rifles,
any thoughts on either one d which ones better?
thanks
Visit both Units. Speak to the staff. Make up you're own mind once you have all the facts. :wink:

And good luck!

The_Duke

LE
The answer will vary depending on who you ask. If anyone doesn't say that theirs is the best then they need shooting.

Unless of course it is as per Sandy_Boots' answer :D

S

swampmonster

51st Highland 7 Scots..... (well ive got to say that i'm in it)

to be honest you local Infantry unit will have a grand history and even a county Regt is not that bad :)

In all honesty whatever unit you join you will find an almost equal number of good blokes, top instructors, good officers, total idiots, fat lazy individuals etc etc.

I recall being grabbed by the local Force Protection Company in Basra in 2005 when we were mortared and the guys there were exactly the same guys as I had joined up with some 15 years before: same faces, same jobs, same outlook, just 15 years younger...

msr

I'm in G Coy, 7 Rifles, but I've only just transfered; so I couldn't tell you too much about the Battalion has a whole.

G Coy has a Rifle and Machine-Gun Platoon and is based in West Ham, very close to Stratford Rail Station. However, other 7 Rifles units, or indeed Coys from 3PWRR, might have TA Centres closer to where you live; so it's up to you.

Best to give both units a call, the 7 Rifles website is below.

http://www2.army.mod.uk/infantry/re..._today/battalions_locations/7rifles/index.htm

Hope this helps. :wink:

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
whereabouts are you, and what do u want to do in the inf? Your location might make a difference...

MSR, where in the sandpit were you in 2005? I may have been one of those "grabbing" you....

PM-88 said:
I'm in G Coy, 7 Rifles, but I've only just transfered; so I couldn't tell you too much about the Battalion has a whole.

G Coy has a Rifle and Machine-Gun Platoon and is based in West Ham, very close to Stratford Rail Station. However, other 7 Rifles units, or indeed Coys from 3PWRR, might have TA Centres closer to where you live; so it's up to you.

Best to give both units a call, the 7 Rifles website is below.

http://www2.army.mod.uk/infantry/re..._today/battalions_locations/7rifles/index.htm

Hope this helps. :wink:
But its even nearer to Plaistow station, not many people know this for some reason and end up walking further to East Ham or Stratford. 8O

Latest Threads