Whats the best regiments to choose?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by luvly_jubbly, Aug 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was wondering which ones have the best accommodation, location etc.

Also which ones are most northernly etc?

Thanks again lads.

2. Most northern would be the Black Watch (?? Battalion Royal Regiment of Jocks)

In Inverness ??

3. For Sigs though? Whats more southern scotland and northen england sorry.

4. Haven't got a clue about Sigs but google will know. Look at The garrison pages. Catterick is the northerly garrison town from knowledge

5. Are you taking the piss? Ask the Careers office!

6. As if you get a choice in the Royal Corps! Manning & Records blindfolded postings clerk throwing darts at the map is the closest you will get to having a choice!

7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Is there no longer a missile raange at Benbecula then?

My mukker joined the Signals right after I joined up and did nine years in Soest. When it came time for him to be posted, he asked for a UK posting. They sent him a posting order to Benbecula. He put in his notice.

8. Im in Wales at 14 Sigs. Cant get more Westerly.

9. Whats the best regiment to choose..is this a tescos type question? if you want close supermarkets, 2 Sig regt has an Aldi on its doorstep.

10. Er, NI?

Benbecula doesn't have any Signals permenently there anymore.

Catterick or York is as far north as you will go until you have been in a few years and got some rank, then TA units may allow you to serve in Scotland and higher up than Yorkshire.

11. I finished my 2 yr tour at Lisburn and my last ever posting was York, 2 weeks later I'm at Castle Kennedy kicking incompetent TA arse, (can't get the shot in but getting a lovely TV signal, yes thats because you are 5 metres away from the main mast for that tx's omni for over 100 miles) I can't go on, Im cryng.

12. And when I was at 30 SR at Blandford, I had to deploy to RAF Buchan, and when I was at 2 SR York I had to go to Salisbury plain.

I swear its an old "officers lunchtime" decision.

13. 49 para.........simples