Whats the best regiment to join

Discussion in 'RAC' started by barnseytheref, Jul 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Going to AFC in septemeber and then on to phase 2 to train to be a tank crewman , i want to be maily using the challenger 2's but would also like to do a sort of infantry side. Im looking at the Kings royal hussars at the minute as it looks a good one, i notice a few regiments are in germany do we no when they are coming back . Im glad ive find a forum on the RAC as im totally confused on where to go after phase 2 . Any replies are welcome

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Now you have found it why not look at some of the previouse threads on the subject and then, if you have any questions ask away.

3. I have done , whats the best regiment to join to be maily using the challenger 2's ? And if we got any tank crewman (or ex) who are willing to chat to me about the RAC via personal chat or messenger please reply to me . Thanks

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

1. Have you any family connections.
    2. Are you suitably qualified for RAC - health/education/aptitude?

If you can answer yes to 1 & 2 go for your local Regiment - check with ACIO.

All RAC Regiments are the best. That’s why generally they are well recruited so you may wish to consider the fact that you may not get a choice.

Your age has left you at a disadvantage as the BEST panzer regiment was, of course 3 RTR, so you have dipped but you can always pick from the 2nd best, which of course is the rest.

5. I do believe men in white coats are about to arrive at your door - 3 RTR indeed! Every self-respecting Tankie knows 1 RTR was, and still is, the MAIN regiment :D

6. 'ere we go....banter time is it?
    2RTR all the way dude !!

7. Kings royal hussars looks the best one to me

8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

See you thought you new all along. However I still recommend that if you have not got the common sence to join the RTR go local 8)

9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Hub cap stealers :oops:

Flower sellers :roll:

10. as an ex reme fitter i,d have to agree there mate.great boys,fight hard and play harder!

11. ONLY ONE REGIMENT TO JOIN;;; 2ND ROYAL TANK REGIMENT::

12. There is only one fine decent upstanding Tank Regiment so join 2nd RTR

13. 33rd North Korean Mess Tin Repair Regiment. Or failing that join your local RAC regt.

14. 9/12l GWANNNNNNNNNNNN SON

15. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

The OP comes from Barnsley: his local RAC Regt is LD, but they are Recce.

We all know that wanting to go tanks is the tradition of those who know no better, but that's what he wants, so I guess he is quite right to ask around after Panzer regiments.