Whats the best option: Commission Run Out or PVR?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by hurryupandwait, Dec 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. In terms of getting the best resettlement package, is it better to PVR or simply let my SSC run out next year? Not sure if there is any difference at all, but just wondering if any of the SPS guys can clear this one up!

    Have done 5 1/2 years if that helps matters!
  2. PVR is only worth it if you have a time sensitive job offer you really want. Best resettlement package is to do 8 years one month commissioned service, then you qualify for a reasonable grant.

    Go to CTP before throwing in papers, find out what you are entitled to normally and if you PVR.

    better to be a good leaver to avoid chod last postings
  3. You need to request a Non effective benefit reports from your admin office. These will show what is available to you at present and at your run out date. If this is not possible to you then your best option is to write to AFPAA and request a full NEB readout. Unfortunately giving out such advice is not permitted by any HR staff as they are not adequately trained. Once you have the NEB report speak to your financial advisor.