Whats the best online squaddie game

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by mally2007, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone able to tell me the best game to play online?

I remember playing one called the day of defeat which was really good.

2. Depends on what you like.
    Personally, I'm a fan of Battlefield 2 and 2142.

But for sheer life-absorbing addiction, World of Warcraft by far. Many an hour I lost to that before breaking the addiction.

3. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

I've just been given a "backup" of Call of Duty 4 - awesome, I am going to lose some hours on this - the graphics quality are great and after a day being given loads of cr@p and sh@t at work, I can waste a few baddies to chill before I hit the bar.

Check it out, as FPS go its very good.

4. Same here mate, had a serious problem with WoW, now only play 2-3 hours a week. Bloody thing put a serious cramp on my social life :crash:

5. JPA - lve been on it for hours and cant get past the first level :)

6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Battlefield Europe - I think I need to wean myself off it before I end up divorced

7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Crysis is looking good, just on the demo alone. Picking a bad guy up by his throat then chucking him into his mates, or blasting someone off a cliff is a strangely fun experience!

8. Feeking superb :D :D :D

9. You both got to the First Level???

10. COD4 is pretty good.

Armed Assault is really good, too.

11. No, I was congratulating M_F. I don't have access at all, but the poor buggers around here can't get very far with it.

12. World in Conflict online (playing the demo) is pretty fantastic. Havent played the normal game yet, but you can choose to command Inf, Sp, Air or Armour with up to 10 people on each team controlling a mixture of those assets.

FPS wise. BF2 is still amazing, although I know a few people who rave about Red Orchestra within the military community.

MMPORG wise I had the sense to avoid WoW, but there is the Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea and Lord Of The Rings Online out at the moment with Warhammer online coming out Easter next year. Have to warn you that I dont know many people who can play these games and manage to retain a family..... Or in fact any form of life outside of work!!

13. I got a cracking online squaddie game

It was called 'Damp mattress'

In the first level you go through training and end up being issued with coveralls that are too big, pouches with clasps missing and KF shirts that itch your skin raw......

As your skills develop you learn to evade the provo staff and clamber in and out of camp to despite the curfew.

The game ends with you passed out in the block and your mattress outside drying in the BAOR sunshine.