Whats on Your Body Armour

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mrfanastic, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

Just a quickie. What do you guys have written on your body armour when your deploying on ops? I have a space, green tape, over the chest plate that I assume is for name, number, blood group etc.

Thanks for the advice.

2. Zap number. Poss blood group. No name.

3. Don't bother with the Blood Group. No medic will go by it as you will get blood group typed before the shove any in you.

4. Cheers chaps. What makes up your ZAP number, is it the last two of your surname and then last 4 of your service number. Trust the RAF not to teach us that lol!

5. Just put a Red X on it. The enemy will know what to do!

6. In that case just write "IM LOST, PLEASE POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF THE EFI/PX". That should sort you.

7. First two letters of your surname plus your last four. So Pte T Atkins 12345678 would be AT1234.

8. Very confusicating. AT1234 would be first two letters of surname plus first four in your example

9. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Just checked mine,its got POLICE in big white letters. Hope this helps.

10. Suerly it would be AT5678? Im not sure if RAF have letters like RN and RM but if so you igonore them so if it is
    D123456A

It would be AT3456

11. No letters go in Zaps if you RAF/RN/RM

AT456A

12. The RAF didn't teach you? Did you ask the question.........................?

As previous, First two letters of surname followed by last 4 numbers (ignoring any letters!) ie BE 6965

13. Dont even bother with the zap,
    If your mate gets shot and you need to pass that information to higher, its alot easier to send his name in clear and let the Ops room read the zap from a nominal roll, than for you to get to him, find a zap relay it back to the cmdr on the radio and have him send it up when as a commander he will doubtless be busy doing other things.

14. Dont even bother with the zap.

I dont think its a case of dont even bother. When on herrick we HAD to have the zap number on there.

15. ....And how many times did the commander on the ground read off the zap number diligently relayed to him by the bloke flapping treating his best mate bleeding in front of him?

how many times did the commander pass the blokes name, in clear, into the secure bowman radio to let the 2ic deal with, so that he as a commander could get on with winning a firefight and processing casualties rather than compiling needless R2's that can be compiled elsewhere?