whats it like in the RE ?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by lukee, Jul 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im hoping to get in soon, was hoping someone could tell me what its like as a driver/op?

2. do you like sitting on your arrse most of the day????

3. will i still be involved in combat engineering?

4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Yes. Lots.

What's it like in the RE? Best Corps in the Army for work hard, play hard, and respected by EVERYONE else in the Army.

5. not sure about doing loads of knockering as a driver they normally have some excuse or other to get out of any sort of manual labour, i have found anyway.

best corps in the army.......................BY A COUNTRY MILE.......................hurrah :D :D :D :D

6. Mate ive done my time in MT its trousers
    Early slopes, sports afternoons, two minute jobs on friday afternoon (that take 6 hours) I think NOT
    Its crap you get jiffed to death and then when the knockers get thier heads down or go out on the lash your off on detail
    Not for me nowadays no siree :D

Edited cos quite frankly it made bugger all sense at first

7. I'm with Knocker on this one 8O MT doing Cbt Engineering? I've gotta see this. They cant do B1 CBT either can they?

8. No they cant which is the worst excuse ever
    how many blokes have been on a B1 with billy's who havent a clue or under subscribed courses cos mt/sigs/fitters and plantys cant do it
    I know some have slipped through though

9. don't forget design trades!

but back on topic. if you're joining the RE go for an artisan trade such as electrician, plumber, carpenter or bricklayer. you'll have the best career prospects and can still go clerk of works.

DON'T go MT/plant/sigs/fitter/design trades if you like combat engineering and rolling around in the mud

that's my 2p anyways

10. fair comment.

11. Jesus knocker why dont they send you round the schools as a satisfied electrician to drum up a bit of trade for the corps
    I was going to say satisfied soldier but we both know that would be a bit of a fib :lol: :lol:

12. Cause he would scare the sh1t outta the kiddies. If you put his photo on the mantlepiece it keeps the kids away from the fire :D

13. uh oh knocker looks like someone else has your number mate :D :D :wink:

14. gentlemen please jealously is such an evil thing i know BUT try your hardest to accept the facts.

satisfied soldier........................ i certainly will be in 2009 :D :D :D :D

15. when i get in the RE as a driver/op can i just progress as a combat engineer? because driver/op is my only way in to the RE :(