Whats involved in the RMP security check?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Zanskar, Aug 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've completed selection and am awaiting a start date for basic, i was told because im going for RMP there will need to be a security check,just wanted to know what that involves, anybody know? is it simply just a CRB check or is it more complex then that? thanks

2. Ok enough with the jokes does anyone know what security level they are checked at?
    is it:
    BC? Basic Clearance?
    CTC? Counter Terrorist Check?
    SC? Security Clearance?
    DV? Developed Vetting?

3. Why? What are you trying to hide? Seriously though, there's bugger all you could do about it. It's nothing major

4. I'm not trying to hide anything, i wanted to know what level they get checked at because if its a BC or CTC check it shouldnt take more then 2 weeks, however if its SC or DV then it could take more then 6 months, which is a long time to wait.

5. Don't worry.

You'll do BC/CTC before you get to training, and then sometime during your Phase 2, a strange man (or woman) from York will come down with a high-powered desk lamp, shine onto your petrified face and ask hours of awkward questions.....

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It depends on what role you are employed in.Certainly CTC is done.
    At RAF Bruggen,the normal RAF Police could not work in the police section assigned to the SSA (Nuke bomb dump) because they did'nt hold the correct clearance.
    Even then,unless they held the relevent clearance,they were not allowed into the SSA itself.

7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

'Hilarious' comments removed. Stay on topic.

8. SC for RMP mush