• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What's in your man bag?

Seems we have some similar tastes. The Galil SAR is on my wish list, I'd even consider settling for the Herzogenbusch version, if it were obtainable here.

Biltong and Droëwors are obtainable here, and I've a nice collection of whisky should you ever wander out this direction.
Whisky is to flavour one's brew but the dry wors and 'tong are always a bargain. I say dog treats in the bag but around 40% odd is dry wors and biltong of which I also partake.

The Galil is a great bit of kit. Looks ungainly with the panic mag but seems to work well. My pinkie finger takes a beating from the cocking lever cycling though. The price you pay for having paws like a bunch of bananas.

LM6 L.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I nicked the contents of kids piggy bank for my last one...brew machine charges are treacherous- and the machine harbours grudges against certain 50p coins...indiscriminately.
You need to go to a proper hospital, the last one I was in had a self serve trolley with hot water and all manner of brew kit (inc full fat milk!). After 2 days of being there, I got the wife to bring in a proper man sized mug and some decent coffee, sorted.

Yayzuz Cristus, get a room you too. This thread is about normal things that normal people put in their normal man bags. Not a thread for homoerotic displays from people who have finger smells that attract dogs.

Whisky is to flavour one's brew but the dry wors and 'tong are always a bargain. I say dog treats in the bag but around 40% odd is dry wors and biltong of which I also partake.

The Galil is a great bit of kit. Looks ungainly with the panic mag but seems to work well. My pinkie finger takes a beating from the cocking lever cycling though. The price you pay for having paws like a bunch of bananas.

View attachment 354496
Lovely kit. Is that the R6?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
What advantage does a man bag offer over a rucksack, sports bag, briefcase, or indeed a carrier bag? Apart from the chance to meet other men with man bags?

How did something so needless and offensive to the concept of being a man come to exist? Was it the metrosexuals?
A man bag is an effortless way to carry objects whilst expending the minimum amount of calories. Initially you're glad that you can put your wallet in place that doesn't get squashed every time you sit down. Then you realise you can put all sorts of things in there and you don't spend time looking for your possessions.

One day you just wake up and you're one of the cool kidz. That's all there is to it.

A man bag is an effortless way to carry objects whilst expending the minimum amount of calories. Initially you're glad that you can put your wallet in place that doesn't get squashed every time you sit down. Then you realise you can put all sorts of things in there and you don't spend time looking for your possessions.
Ghey

One day you just wake up and you're one of the cool kidz. That's all there is to it.
You have framed photos of Liberace's slipper collection.

I am so disappointed in you.

multi-tool, crap lighter with a torch on it, prescription sunglasses, bar towel, ibuprofen, a book, soap, toothbrush toothpaste, svord mini-peasant knife and a knee support bandage in a small mono strap rucksack.

Last edited:
As little as possible, these days. I used to carry a multi-pocket wheeled work bag, with spare this, that and the other, paper copies of important stuff, and it weighed a ton. Found I was getting wrist pain from lugging the thing around on top of my carry-on, which was a two wheeled thing at the time. I wouldn't mind if the wrist pain had been from something pleasurable, but it wasn't.

I found enlightenment ( :) ) and binned the big bag, and bought a bag that is *just* big enough to carry my laptop, iPad, chargers for them and glasses. Pencil, pen, AirPods and my passport complete the load-out. That's it. I can't fit anything else in the bag, so I don't lug round half my office with me.

Of course I'm fcuked if I find a sudden need for an HDMI to VGA converter, or an Ethernet hub, or anything else I used to lug round but never actually used :)

Si.

Also compact enough to hide behind Cuts' mtondo in an emergency. No one is brave enough to rummage around in those hideous mincing shorts looking for it without full NBC kit.
Not much I wouldn't give for a proper R6. I might have to be jealous. If only it were available here...

Care to trade for a "slightly used" V8 Vantage?

To my eternal shame I probably carry more useless kit in my 'man bag' than my partner carries in her handbag.
2lts of water.
First aid kit with more supplies than the average african hospital.
A goretex jacket.
Gloves and wooly hat.
Phone charger.
Notebook and pen.
Pack of half eaten polo mints.