• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What's in your man bag?

Hammer
U nails
Wood screws
Pliers
Wire cutter/stripper
knife
Screwdrivers

Usually I'll take a little shoulder satchel thing. Just don't have enough pockets for the phone, tablet and USB charger, wallet, and the Swiss army knife I might need but never do. No more combs and fags and no more condom. Fat chance these days.

If I'm working all day (which is always) or on business, besides a tool bag it's a mini flight bag plus drinks bottle, always fruit, and a book or a paper I hardly read. Wipes, USB cable, pen, headphones. Pair of secateurs for nicking cuttings ;)

A little Billingham camera bag that has been all over the globe with me on every trip since I was about fifteen.
All of the essentials, passports, some money, sewing kit, condoms, medication.
Half a bottle of booze.
It never leaves my sight until it gets locked up in the hotel safe.
Come to think of it I hav'nt seen it for a while.
I only take it out when travelling.

Solar phone charger, spare battery, Micro USB lead, spectacle cleaning stuff, alcohol handwash.

All of which usually lives in my trusty Rothco Medium Transport Pack, in shiny US Woodland pattern material. Crap strap attachment aside, it's bombproof.

What advantage does a man bag offer over a rucksack, sports bag, briefcase, or indeed a carrier bag? Apart from the chance to meet other men with man bags?

How did something so needless and offensive to the concept of being a man come to exist? Was it the metrosexuals?

What advantage does a man bag offer over a rucksack, sports bag, briefcase, or indeed a carrier bag? Apart from the chance to meet other men with man bags?

How did something so needless and offensive to the concept of being a man come to exist? Was it the metrosexuals?
My MP5K has a tricky briefcase, but it is much less noticeable and much better retained and carried in it's black leather and ballistic nylon umhängetasche mit schultergurt. Probably happier too, being German.

My Mini UZI does well in it's "West Seattle camouflage pattern" canvas messenger bag, but likely feels much more at home in it's very old $10 "Surplus Israeli Paratrooper" canvas messenger bag.

The newish generation of sunflowers, or snowflakes can use whatever terms they wish to misappropriate older culture, presumed virility, or whatever their current .3 second focus is on... I am secure in the knowledge that my beard, bags, guns, etc. have been extant longer than they have been alive, and will likely continue beyond the experience of any of the rougher variety of neo-hippy fascist anti-fascists that would care to threaten.

It's not a 'man bag', it's a European Carry All.

Electronics tools
Laptop
Snacks
Spare cables
Swiss army knife
Light jacket

Oh ho, got sand in your front hole have you, Boumati?

It can be a non-gender specific bag if you'd rather?

It's not like I've got tampons or lipstick in mine. Those fit behind the ears.
A real man just has a claw hammer and dating tape in his bag.

For staying overnight in a hospital?
I nicked the contents of kids piggy bank for my last one...brew machine charges are treacherous- and the machine harbours grudges against certain 50p coins...indiscriminately.

Anyone wearing sandals and socks and carrying a manbag has already done his best to disqualify himself from the gene pool.

Vellies, no socks, collection of blades, hip flask of whisky and pack of hounds roving my moving perimeter. Fight you for that spot in the gene pool any day.

Stay out of my house and don't touch my toys!

When carrying a lot of cash for banking I sometimes used to shove a folded G'lilon with a panic magazine an a spare 30 rd mag into a Swissgear rucksack. Luckily no bank guard ever inspected it or his undies may have exceeded their load limits.

Good choice, I do like the Kabar TDI...
Yup, useful bit of kit.

Stay out of my house and don't touch my toys!

When carrying a lot of cash for banking I sometimes used to shove a folded G'lilon with a panic magazine an a spare 30 rd mag into a Swissgear rucksack. Luckily no bank guard ever inspected it or his undies may have exceeded their load limits.

Seems we have some similar tastes. The Galil SAR is on my wish list, I'd even consider settling for the Herzogenbusch version, if it were obtainable here.

Biltong and Droëwors are obtainable here, and I've a nice collection of whisky should you ever wander out this direction.