What's in your back garden?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by fairy_nuff, Oct 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks better than some of the trenches I've dug. Not a bad nights kip until it rains and someone stands on your head.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. "descendent of a WWI soldier"........as if that's a rare thing?!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What the **** is that all about? I hate to think what he's got in his attic.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Christ, and I complain about my neighbours chickens! Sod having him as a next door neighbour. I notice one of the "walts" is a shelf stacker at Sainsbury's - what's the betting there is an ARRSER or two in the clip? :)
  5. Just seen one of my old CSOps on the vid; good lad! Well done Y****y!
  6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Add to trench shit, rats, lice, bits of dead bodies, continuous noise, and send the chaps back with TB, frostbite, trench foot etc. and then I suppose then you might just start to get near it but even then the fear factor isn't there.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You need to read 12 days on the somme. It was generally 4 days in forward reserve, followed by four days in front trenches followed by 4 days in rear reserve and then out of the front line for up to 12 days or more depending upon High command. the last 4 days would be classed as rest but was generally used for work parties etc.
  8. "not many an say they've spent a night in a trench"

Apart from anyone that's done basic - didn't the figure of 1 in 12 of the UK population get mentioned a while ago? That would be 5 million by my reckoning
  9. I take it you have never been to Nuneaton have you.

When they realise your not from round there that's when the fear kicks in.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Trench mouth as well. Lovely disease, also known as acute necrotising ulcerative gingivitis!
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I understand!
  12. Don't knock Sunny Nunny! We have Wing Wah's
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

You fekking big girls blouse, they are all mouth and no trousers in that tip!
  14. Back to the video/news item folks.

Robertshaw the owner of the WW1 trench is a very serious military historian ( just watch some of the history channel programs on SKY etc) and is the 'top knob' on history within the RLC etc.

A great guy - so do not 'diss' him please.
    • Like Like x 1