What's in Seville?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by TheIronDuke, Sep 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Other than foreigners, some buildings and a river. I've got a few days spare there and apart from Alhambra and the usual suspects, can anybody recommend a day trip in a hire car? Or is there enough to do in the city?

Cheers.

2. Oranges?

• Like Like x 1
  3. A barbers I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheIronDuke

Go on. Get it out of your system.

5. You are not there with the CHODS meeting are you? if so you should be working, if not do enjoy yourself whilst they all have to work.

6. The city is beautiful, a lovely cathedral to see - but stop at one of the cafes, order a porterhouse steak and a beer - and watch the world go by. One of the best looking cities in the world, if you ask me.

Oh, and Alhambra is a good run from there.

7. a lot of Seville Servants!

• Like Like x 1
  8. A cracking city, plenty to see and do, loads of museums, bike hire around the city. Jerez down the road, if there is any racing on. Couple of hours from the coast. If you are into history and architecture you will have a full day.

9. TheIronDuke

Cheers.

Yeah, Alhambra is further than I thought so maybe another time.

10. If you have some spare time you could always search for Maddie,that would be one Iberian city given the all clear.....

11. 400,000 Celtic supporters went there in 2003 to watch Celtic get beat by Porto in the UEFA Cup Final, probably the odd one or two still there.

12. The best restaurant in Town is called "El Rinconcillo" and is extremely popular with the locals - top scoff. The Army HQ was used in one of the Star Wars films and is worth a look. Apart from that, it's great on the piss...

13. I was there earlier this year, and if you are only there for a few days, you don't need a plan. Just wander around in the area between the cathedral and the river front. Take in the sights and smells, stop and have a drink and something to eat, get your shoes polished while you enjoy your tapas in a street restaurant (strange but true). What I was most impressed with were the hordes and hordes of absolutely stunning women. Get a pair of mirror shades before you go. Oh...and don't go in the Irish bar behind the cathedral...it's a gay bar; still the burgers are tasty.

14. EVIL is in Seville.

15. If you are looking for a great place to stay try the Casa de Carmona
    http://www.casadecarmona.com/
    30 minutes outside the city on the road to Cordoba and very special.
    In the city the cathedral is a must but also got to see some good bullfights as well.
    If the city engages you and you like detective fiction I can highly recommend Robert Wilson's Javier Falcon detective series.