Whats in a Name?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Sep 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Japanese robotics company has developed a rehab suit to help people with weak leg muscles and mobility problems..it is equipped with sensors that read brain signals and direct leg movements through the skin. weighs 10 kilos..
    Good, you say?

they've named the robosuit: HAL - hybrid assistive limb - not to be confused with the 2001HAL who went berserk in outer space " I'm sorry Dave.. Daisy, Daisy... "

oh, and the company that developed the suit?:

Cyberdyne, the corp that develops the sentient killer Terminator robots after taking over the world..

maybe should buy shares/stock? Hell of a way to inspire consumer confidence..
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Can we get tinfoil hats with kevlar reinforcement? I think I might need one, because this can only end one way...

... and not with disabled people finding a new lease of life!
  3. Cyberdine and HAL...names you can trust!

Turning invalids into psychotic killer robots since 2009!

4. Fcuk me. Megatron's let himself go a bit.
  5. What weapons will we need to stop these power-armoured quadraspazzed roboplaegics that will surely kill us all?
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't worry - the government will supply all the weapons you need ........about 5 years after you need them! :(
  7. Swimming Pools
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Looks like a Star Wars Trooper!
  9. BBC

Coincidence-I think fcuking not! :x
  10. Japan. Truly, the home of weird shit nobody else would dream of.
  11. I remember having a double take when learning satcom when I saw skynet in there, has to be something dodgy brewing
  12. It's got a dick that looks like a platypus' bill.
  13. and has fvckin teeth!
  14. Speaking as an invalid, Im quite looking forward to being a psychotic killer robot