Whats in a name? Tankie or Cav

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Pielover, Jun 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As an ex-tankie (1RTR) I have always assumed that the only 'tankies' are the Men in black.
    I was talking to a lass at work about the forces etc and when she found I was a tankie said "Oh, my hubby was a tankie" When asked which regiment she replies "5th Skins". When I informed her that in actual fact her hubby was a bog trotting donkey walloper not a tankie she got a wee bit funny with me!
    So, do you Cavalry types refer to yourselves as Tankies or Cav??

2. As an ex tankie (2RTR and 3RTR) I am sure that they (Cav) prefer donkey walloper......now we will hear all about Council House Cav I suppose!

3. Is it me or did they miss out the "h" between the C and the a?? :lol:

Standby!

4. The Household Chav-alry - those shiny helmets do look a little bit like they have come from the Argos jewelry catalogue don't they!

[​IMG]

Argos Cat No 233/1870 £69 Shiny Helmet Polisher

5. Nah, I think there made by Burberry!

6. I think they are bloody smart and should still be worn into battle.

7. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Chav like to call themselves Tankies so that they can be up to the standard. Must be embarrasing continuing on for hundreds of years being sh!t on donkeys only to be moved to tanks and be shown up there to.

Show some sympathy guys....... in fact don't bother.

8. I think that non-RAC call all the RAC'' tankies'' , yet those who are ''Cav'' call themselves ''Cav'' . FR call themselves Recce first then Cav .To be in the ''Cav'' and then to be called ''tankies'' is insulting , i guess its the reverse for the ''tankies'' to be called ''Cav''. Sorry sounds confusing i am under the influence .

9. mysteron

Very lucid Recce Cpl for someone under the afluence of incolhol!!!

Also very correct.

10. The MIB will always be tankies. We led the way and when the "cav" were told to get off their horses I seem to recall that their was much wailing and nashing of teeth. My heart bleeds.

The question is who's great idea was it to take the finest Tank regiment off their Tanks and turn them is a CS regiment?!? Save us from the JNBCR or is it JCBRNR?

11. mysteron

I know that you know that I know, the answer to that question!

12. As ex 2RTR I am under the same understanding as trelawney.

RTR know as Tankies

Cavalry referred to as Cav

And those pretenders that prance and mince about London on a horse...

13. hell yeah tankies are the armoured corps(though the whole MIB thing must be relatively new)
    and as for cav
    well
    fractions dont sit well with anyone
    or am i mistaken
    (also 2RTR)

14. Is it Tankies or Navel gunners? either way if you ain't Cav you ain't.

15. who shoots from the belly button?